Yuzu XLink Kai Setup
XLink Kai is a multi-platform and peer-to-peer LAN tunneling service which enables users to play local area network and ad-hoc multiplayer games on their consoles online with people all over the world. XLink Kai was first released in 2003, supporting the Xbox, PS2, and Gamecube at launch, with PSP, PS3, Xbox 360 and others support arriving soon after.
As of XLink Kai release 7.4.44 the Switch emulator Yuzu is now supported allowing for easy communication between the emulator, local Switch consoles on your network and other players around the world!
XLink Kai Home Page - https://teamxlink.co.uk
XLink Kai Status Page - https://status.teamxlink.co.uk/
Popular on XLink Twitter Bot - https://twitter.com/PopularOnXLink
Team XLink Official Discord - https://discord.gg/UyyjNpa
Supported Games List - https://www.teamxlink.co.uk/supported-games
XLink Kai + Yuzu support is experimental and only available on Windows.
- Nintendo Switch games with LAN support
- Yuzu playing against other Yuzu players
- Yuzu playing against players on Ryujinx
- Yuzu playing against players on Switch
- Yuzu and local Switch playing together
- Mixing any combination of the above
What does not work:
- Nintendo Switch games that only have "Local Wireless" and no LAN support
- macOS support not yet working
- Linux support not yet working
There are 22 games with LAN compatibility for Nintendo Switch. Be sure to check the game's compatibility with Yuzu's compatibility list.
|Game version must match
|Air Conflicts: Pacific Carriers
|Air Conflicts: Secret Wars
|Duke Nukem 3D: 20th Anniversary World Tour
|Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020
|Mario Golf: Super Rush
|Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
|Mario Tennis Aces
|Nintendo Switch Sports
|Pokkén Tournament DX
|Saints Row IV: Re-Elected
|Saints Row: The Third
|Serious Sam Collection
|Sid Meier’s Civilization VI
|Super Mario Maker 2
Installing XLink Kai
Follow the installation guide for your Operating System:
- Installing XLink Kai on Windows 7
- Installing XLink Kai on Windows 8
- Installing XLink Kai on Windows 8.1
- Installing XLink Kai on Windows 10
Yuzu support in XLink Kai is still experimental and as such the setup process is a bit... bespoke.
These instructions are Windows 10 and Windows 11 specific. Older versions of windows should be similar.
During installation the default options are fine, just keep hitting Next until finished.
- Open Windows Explorer and navigate to
C:\Program Files (x86)\XLink Kai\
kaiLoopbackBridge64.exe, right click, Run as Administrator
- Read the warning, press any key to continue.
- Select Nintendo Switch as the emulator type
- The loopback adapter will now be configured automatically.
- Close kaiLoopbackBridge. We will use it again later.
Installing and Configuring Yuzu
Yuzu setup is quite simple, read the Yuzu Quickstart Guide to get set up.
- Once Yuzu is running enter the configuration by clicking Emulation then Configure
- Click the System on the left, then click the Network tab
- Under the General heading change Network Interface to the entry thats starts with XLink Kai Loopback Switch
- Click OK
- Exit Yuzu.
Playing a game on XLink Kai
Since Yuzu and XLink Kai are not able to communicate with each other directly (yet), kaiLoopbackBridge is used as a "bridge" between them.
- Start XLink Kai and log in
- Start kaiLoopbackBridge, navigate through the prompts and keep it open the entire time you are playing
- Start Yuzu and start your game. Yuzu must not be running before you start kaiLoopbackBridge.
- XLink Kai will now see Yuzu as a Nintendo Switch console under the Metrics tab
- Navigate to a game arena and play!
If you are having trouble finding other players to game with please join our Discord chat and use the various game-specific channels. There are also several fan-run discords that host regular game nights.