Installing on Windows 8.1
Installing XLink Kai on a Windows 8.1 computer is a straight forward process with a few requirements:
- A user account with Administrator rights
- ~20MB of HDD space
- An internet connection. A wired network is preferred for stable gameplay. Using a cell phone hotspot is extremely discouraged.
- A Supported Network Setup. Your PC/Laptop can NOT be fully wireless!
This guide assumes you have already signed up for an XLink account and have completed the registration and consent process.
Installing XLink Kai on Windows 8.1
- Download the latest Windows release of XLink Kai from https://www.teamxlink.co.uk/?go=download
- Save the downloaded file and when finished, open it.
- Read and understand the XLink Acceptable Use Policy then check the box to confirm that you agree to follow the AUP. Click Install to continue.
- When presented with the User Account Control dialog box choose Yes
XLink Kai will now be installed/upgraded.
- If you do not have WinPcap or Npcap installed the WinPcap installer will automatically run. You must install WinPcap or Npcap for XLink Kai to function. If you already have WinPcap or Npcap installed this step should be skipped automatically. Click Next
- Click I Agree
- Make sure the checkbox for Automatically start the WinPcap driver at boot time is selected, then click Install
- Click Finish
- To finish the install click Close
- Start XLink Kai by opening your start menu and finding Start XLink Kai
- Choose Yes
- When you get the Windows Security Alert dialog it is very important to check "Private networks" and click Allow access or XLink Kai will not be able to tunnel any game traffic to your console.
- Enter your Xtag/KaiTag and password then click Login
- Welcome to XLink Kai's General Chat! To browse the available games, click Game Arenas at the top.
- From here you can see all the Supported Games and what games are currently being played.
- Navigate to a game arena with other players and check if you see colored ping bars below their names after a couple seconds. If you get colored ping bars for most users you are good to go! If not please see the Port Forwarding page.
Congratulations! XLink Kai is now installed. Happy gaming!