Installing on Raspberry Pi
Installing XLink Kai on a Raspberry Pi is a straight forward process with a few requirements:
- A Pi 1/2/3/4 with Ethernet OR a USB Ethernet adapter
- ~20MB of disk space
- An internet connection. A wired network is preferred for stable gameplay. Using a cell phone hotspot is extremely discouraged.
- A Supported Network Setup. Your Raspberry Pi can NOT be fully wireless!
This guide assumes you have already signed up for an XLink account and have completed the registration and consent process.
Installing XLink Kai on Raspberry Pi
- Open the web browser and go to https://repo.teamxlink.co.uk/
- Open a Terminal window.
- Copy and paste each line of the Installing section one at a time exactly as written and press Enter at the end of each line to submit the command.
- You may be asked if you are sure you want to install the xlinkkai package, answer Yes if asked.
- Start XLink Kai by typing
sudo kaiengineand pressing enter.
- Right click on the link http://127.0.0.1:34522/ and choose Open URL
Optional: If you know the IP address of your Raspberry Pi (use the command
ip addrto get it) you can control XLink Kai from another computer or even your cell phone (via WiFi) by going to http://ipAddressOfYourPi:34522/
- Enter your Xtag/KaiTag and password then click Login
- Welcome to XLink Kai's General Chat! To browse the available games, click Game Arenas at the top.
- From here you can see all the Supported Games and what games are currently being played.
- Navigate to a game arena with other players and check if you see colored ping bars below their names after a couple seconds. If you get colored ping bars for most users you are good to go! If not please see the Port Forwarding page.
Congratulations! XLink Kai is now installed. Happy gaming!