FAQ  •  Search  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 Just use my Wireless Router to play RR!!! It works! View next topic
View previous topic
AhMan
Kai Enthusiast
Kai Enthusiast

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 11:27 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I just used my Buffalo WBR-G54 wireless router to play Ridge Racer via Kaid. There is no need to use a wireless adapter for PC. At the moment, I can only join games, I'm still trying to figure out how to use the router to join an existing adhoc channel.

To make it work, you will need to flash a Buffalo WBR-G54 router (or Linksys WRT54G) with "DD-WRT V21c" firmware listed below. Please be warned flashing a non-official firmware may make your router inoperable and will also void your warrantee. The DD-WRT firmware is designed for Linksys WRT54G and may also work with other Broadcom based router, such as Buffalo WBR-G54. This firmware has Kaidstation already integrated.

http://sf01_32.ipx10813.ipxserver.de/dd-wrt/index.html

After you've upgrade the firmware, you'll need to set your wirless router to Adhoc mode. To do that, you need to use the linux command line interface and enter the following:

# wl ap 0
# wl join PSP_AULJS00001_L_0 imode ibss

WARNING: If you've no experience with firmware upgrade or Unix, do not perform the above. It may break your router. Before upgrading the firmware, you should set boot_wait to on as a safty measure. Refer to this URL to enable boot_wait.

http://www.openwrt.org/wiki/moin.fcg/OpenWrtDocs/Installing#head-76921c79e7c7ed3b03d3bc9a40b1a2c792c215b0
Mad.Whack
Kai Regular
Kai Regular

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 4:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Wow good job. This might bring Team Xlink one step closer in supporting the PSP in the Kaistation... Or not, but good job regardless!
AhMan
Kai Enthusiast
Kai Enthusiast

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 7:49 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I finally get the passive adhoc mode working. Yes, I can now both host and join games in PSP. The problem was WEP settings that were not cleared in NVRAM of my Buffalo router. Now, it's perfect!
dfunked
Team XLink Administrator
Team XLink Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 3:33 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Very interesting work. How much of the original Linksys firmware is used in this DD-WRT one? If it's stable and only minimally changed, then perhaps Kaistation can use it as a base.

I'll move this with a link into the WRT forum, so prestige can take a look.

Team XLink Administrator
Team XLink Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 3:55 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I am excited to see another firmware bundling kaid, but I'm afraid I will be staying away from it for kaiStation because it has " merged the sourcetree of Sveasoft Alchemy" and breaks a little too far away from the OEM firmware than I am comfortable with supporting.

As posted earlier, however, I am looking seriously at HyperWRT as the basis for the next build because our project aims are very similiar and, frankly, we are doing exactly the same thing... extremely minor changes to the linksys firmware for added functionality.

-prestige
AhMan
Kai Enthusiast
Kai Enthusiast

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 5:31 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Actually, there isn't much work to be done to integrate Kaid into a 3rd party linksys firmware. Maybe just a little UI enhancement will do. The Kaidstation 4 for MIPs should be able to load into most 3rd party linksys firmware. I tried OpenWRT and it also works well with Kaid & PSP. DD-WRT is based on Alchemcy's source and it supports other Broadcom routers, besides Linksys. Same thing can be said about OpenWRT, but OpenWRT doesn't provide any GUIs. As for HyperWRT, I think it only supports Linksys. I'm currently setting up a Linux development box to make some modification to DD-WRT, as it has some minor compatibility issues with Buffalo with PPPOE interface.
hkcyber
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 6:08 am Reply with quoteBack to top

To do that, you need to use the linux command line interface and enter the following:
# wl ap 0
# wl join PSP_AULJS00001_L_0 imode ibss

i was sussess update firmware,i am using winxp,sorry i don't know how to use the command line to enter this command

and can i join/host other psp game? e.g. golf,nfs,.............
thx
AhMan
Kai Enthusiast
Kai Enthusiast

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 7:38 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm currently making changes to the firmware, so that you don't have to use the command line. Here is a preview screen of the upcoming firmware with Kaid & PSP functionality buildin.

hkcyber
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 8:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

thx for reply,but i don't know why i have not this page have kaid function Rolling Eyes
Zanarkand
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 11:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

AhMan @ Sun Mar 06, 2005 12:38 am wrote:
I'm currently making changes to the firmware, so that you don't have to use the command line. Here is a preview screen of the upcoming firmware with Kaid & PSP functionality buildin.

so do u know when u will be done it? ... im going to buy Linksys WRT54G router..
AhMan
Kai Enthusiast
Kai Enthusiast

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 3:31 am Reply with quoteBack to top

hkcyber @ Sun Mar 06, 2005 8:01 pm wrote:
thx for reply,but i don't know why i have not this page have kaid function Rolling Eyes

I'm now adding these functions to the firmware. You won't find them in the existing firmware, until I release a new one.
AhMan
Kai Enthusiast
Kai Enthusiast

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 3:33 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Zanarkand @ Sun Mar 06, 2005 11:43 pm wrote:

so do u know when u will be done it? ... im going to buy Linksys WRT54G router..

It should be done in the next 24 hours. However, I'm testing the new firmware on a Buffalo WBR-54G. Maybe someone can help me test it on a Linksys WRT54G model.
Zanarkand
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 6:06 am Reply with quoteBack to top

AhMan @ Sun Mar 06, 2005 8:33 pm wrote:
Zanarkand @ Sun Mar 06, 2005 11:43 pm wrote:

It should be done in the next 24 hours. However, I'm testing the new firmware on a Buffalo WBR-54G. Maybe someone can help me test it on a Linksys WRT54G model.

i want to test it but, i will not have a psp on till the 24th same with the Linksys WRT54G .... but is the Buffalo WBR-54G the same as linksys WRT54G?
F41c0n
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 8:39 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

maan i got a BEFW11S4...... i'm gona have to go buy a new one T__T lol......

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic