FAQ  •  Search  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 Kaid 7.0.0.4 View next topic
View previous topic
king_huzi
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 7:29 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I just installed Kaid 7.0.0.4 MIPS ... Everything seems to be running fine .. i can see diagnostic and orbital is reachable .. and xbox has been detected

But there are a lot of Establishing and Bad pings in arenas ... Should i be forwarding any ports ... Im using default ports in the conf .. Please advice

I confirmed with a few people on my Kai messenger list .. I can see their pings fine but they can only see establishing on my nick ... As if i can ping them but they cant ping me

I am using LinkSys WRT54G v2 , Cablemodem connected to router with firmware Alchemy 6 R5A ... I can sucessfully play in arenas ..

Should I be forwarding any ports
scotty2hotty1125
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 3:38 am Reply with quoteBack to top

bump....my friend is having the same problem....but we put the UpNp i think it was to 30000 and forwarded the port...but the first time it worked fine, then he rebooted his xbox to join a different game and now it just says establishing and he cant see any games but he can join arenas

Kai Regular
Kai Regular

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 2:39 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Installing the windows client and configuring it as just the UI will let you troubleshoot the connection in diagnostics mode and see if your network is reachable. If it is not reachable you should check you kaid.conf file. I had similar trouble and had to adjust my conf file as below:

Code:

Verbosity = 0
UIBind = :34522
OrbPort = 34525
EngineBind = :0
EnginePAT = 0
SniffDevice = vlan0
MacLearningMode = Manual
IgnoreMacs =
ConsoleMacs = 00:50:f2:XX:XX:XX;
ConfigURL = www.teamxlink.co.uk/connector/clientgetconfig.php
Username = TaskMaster
Password = whyintheworldwouldyouwantmypassword
AutoLogin = 1
XBoxHomebrew = 0

I had (in earlier versions) specified an EngineBind port, but after upgrading to the latest Kai I had the same trouble in that I could navigate rooms but see no games and my 'network reachable' status on the diagnostics mode showed 'not yet'. Setting the EngineBind to 0 fixed this for me.

If that is not your issue, try specifying a port on the EngineBind line and then forwarding that port to the IP of the router in your router's configuration.

One note - when using the diagnostics mode from the Kai UI I had to first click on the globe for Arena Mode then click the maginying glass icon immediately to the right for Diagnostics Mode. If I went straight to diagnostics mode sometimes the network reachable status would just stay at 'not yet'.

Second note - my SniffDevice is vlan0 since I have a WRT54GS.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic