FAQ  •  Search  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 How do I join the Team XLink Moderator team? View next topic
View previous topic
[FUNK]
Team XLink Administrator
Team XLink Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 6:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

How do I join the Team XLink Moderator team?

So many people have asked the question before and well… I guess it’s about time that we inform you of what we are looking for.

First and most importantly, everyone needs to know that you do not become a moderator by asking for it. That only shows that you are not willing to work for something, but want it handed to you. With that said, this is what we look for when we ask someone within our community to join the Team XLink Moderator team.

1. Knowledge of our application and or services. You do not need to possess knowledge on every system XLink Kai runs on, but strong skills in one or moderate skills in more than one system is a big plus. (Windows/Linux/WRT/MAC/XBMC and so on)
2. Able to stick with a problem through fruition. The biggest and busiest sections of our forum are the Help Request and General Help sections. This is where any user within the community that has a problem is pointed to get assistance. Some Help Requests can go days before the problem gets resolved while some can be a simple config update. We assist them until the problem is resolved or you know it just will not work with the setup in place.
3. Respect. In a situation where someone is helpless, emotions can get in the way of support. As a soon to be member of the Team XLink Moderator team it is extremely important that we remain calm and only state the facts. Yes most problems have been answered a million times, but what’s a million and one?
4. Dedication. No matter if you are on the forum assisting members of our community or within application playing games, you represent Team XLink. Users will see the status “Moderator” on your name and want/demand help. If you don’t have time to help, you should at least have time to point them to the proper help sections of our forum.

Things are going to be busy for us within 2005. Team XLink will be monitoring our forum and application for users that possess the skill set that we are looking for to join our team. If you feel you have what it takes to join the team, don’t tell us. Just show us by lending a helping hand. Do it enough times and someone from our team will notice you, and from there the sky is the limit.

Thank you,

Kai Enthusiast
Kai Enthusiast

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 11:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Good job funk, I always thought xlink needed more mods who play on a regular basis. Someone like swifty would be a good candidate.

aces0fspade
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 1:32 am Reply with quoteBack to top

i think sum1 completely dedicated to the forums is highly needed, seeing the stress being put on the mods and admins i think more help is needed, eh?
Blackrose88
Kai Regular
Kai Regular

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 2:56 am Reply with quoteBack to top

i would gladly mod the DS forums were they to ever come back. Smile

Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 3:21 am Reply with quoteBack to top

aye aye cap'n i'm on ye same boat therrrr.arrgh
[FUNK]
Team XLink Administrator
Team XLink Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 1:21 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

We do not, and will not have mods to mod just one section. If you are someone who likes to help you will be noticed by someone on our team. If we feel you are the right person for the job you will be asked if you would like to join the team. But all of this starts with helping your peers, not just to get the status and rank, but because it’s the right thing to do. And that’s to help.

Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 3:35 am Reply with quoteBack to top

i see where you're coming from but if you guys get a large enough crew, that me and blacrose88's idea may just be the smartest thing you could do... Let me make a referrence to the book Ender's Game....there is a comander(the original mods), and several toon leaders (your new crew of mods and admins), then the toon leaders control and monitor their own section, and the commander(once again the current crew of Mods) jumps in when things get out of hand, and the toon leader is unable to handle the situation. Sounds pretty good to me, you just need alot of loyal toon leaders....anybody read ender's game? i thought orson scott card did an excellent job! Very Happy
DK.SwiftTank
Team XLink Moderator
Team XLink Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 8:22 am Reply with quoteBack to top

seven @ Sun Feb 13, 2005 11:17 pm wrote:
Good job funk, I always thought xlink needed more mods who play on a regular basis. Someone like swifty would be a good candidate.

Thanks for the nomination seven, but I do some different things around here. I prefer the nickname Double "0" swift. Wink It would be cool though to have some more mods that play more often. We have so many mods that are busy helping on the forums, but too few that actually get to play the games.

[FUNK]
Team XLink Administrator
Team XLink Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 4:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

We still play, but some get as much satisfaction from helping someone else, than the game can bring most days.

Team XLink Moderator
Team XLink Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 10:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

SS-Funk @ Tue Feb 15, 2005 4:25 pm wrote:
We still play, but some get as much satisfaction from helping someone else, than the game can bring most days.

Everyone does what they are best at. I never had problems installing kai, so i never had to worry about troubleshooting. So like many of us late nighters, we stick to what we know, and that's the games. Very Happy It's great to know that we have those that would rather help people get in the games than play themselves. Yet another reason why this community is great. Very Happy

HiHi
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 10:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

plz ds forums back it just got tunnled by jadrule and we wanna talk bout it
l3laze
Team XLink Moderator
Team XLink Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 2:09 am Reply with quoteBack to top

sorry my friend as much as i want it back its not going to happen...

[img]Image
kylerules
Kai Regular
Kai Regular

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 4:14 am Reply with quoteBack to top

id like to be a mod...i am on kai a lot and ive helped many people...i would be glad to help even more people on kai... Smile
kylerules
Kai Regular
Kai Regular

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 4:17 am Reply with quoteBack to top

i dont post on these forums a lot...but on kai its different...a big part of my life is kai: pretty much from after doing my homework after school 2:00 pm...to usually 10:00 pm...on weekends extra long...and since i am in a clan...i play other clans and get to meet some really kewl people
MattMan
Kai Lover
Kai Lover

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 4:19 am Reply with quoteBack to top

yea i would like to be a "MOD" (to bad i dont know alot about kai, i would just be good for moving topics) and anyone can so that

mod is spelled right now! Rolling Eyes

Last edited by MattMan on Sun Apr 10, 2005 5:12 am; edited 2 times in total
l3laze
Team XLink Moderator
Team XLink Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 4:38 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Not to point it out much MattMan...but we atleast want mods that can spell mod...but maybe in the furture...

[img]Image
MattMan
Kai Lover
Kai Lover

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 5:05 am Reply with quoteBack to top

hahaha Embarassed , Yea that would be nice

My spleing gits biterr evry day!

Kai Regular
Kai Regular

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 5:46 am Reply with quoteBack to top

lol...nice Laughing
Men_Of_Valor
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 5:51 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi guys i was wondering if i could also be a moderator i am on like all day from 3-9 pm (-6:00gmt). and i help people all the time. I will be comitted and dignifyed to be a moderator. Like take today for instance i helped 5 people with connection problems. If you could please post a message on my forums ( http://rrguardians.proboards30.com ) or e-mail me at haloruler666@sbcglobal.net or my other e-mail address so_guardians@hotmail.com Thank you, Very Happy
~~Guardians out~~
View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN Messenger
kylerules
Kai Regular
Kai Regular

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 5:56 am Reply with quoteBack to top

forgot to post my email: kylesoccer@charter.net ...thats mine

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic