FAQ  •  Search  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 Kai wouldn't recognise my PSP View next topic
View previous topic
pocpocpocky
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2004 3:44 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I know you guys are probably sick from all the newbie asking for help but i think i am just one step away so I hope someone will give me some advise.

First of all I have followed everything that CPhoenix have said and finally got my stupid home network to work, so now Kai wouldn't say my network is not reachable or "not yet". (spended hours at reading port forwarding stuff, really boring)

Okay, so on with the PSP.. At first I have a Fujitsu laptop that has Atheros 802.11G, i have followed all the instructions and the laptop connected with my PSP (only when i am hosting a game, is that normal?)(home network ip:10.0.03 psp wifi ip:10.0.0.4, same subnet mask: 255.255.255.0), i have ridge racer, so i turned on the psp (adhoc mode Ch1, with laptop at Adhoc mode Ch6), and hosted a game on it, turn on Kai but diagnostic mode couldn't find my PSP even though my wifi is still showing a connection between my computer and my psp.

So after reading more, i noticed that only some network card work and i think it requires 802.11b, so i went out to buy a linksys wifi adapter, couldn't find the pcmcia version, so i got a WUSB54G (which is compatible with 802.11b and g), this time i used my desktop instead cuz i don't want my 2 wifi on my laptop to confuse things. I have set everything and got it running as per the pictures CPhoenix posted except the psp recognition from Kai.

Sorry for the lengthy post, i just hope someone will be able to help.

PSP:
Adhoc mode (Ch1)
Ridge racer

Home network ethernet card:
desktop->router->internet
static ip:10.0.0.3
subnet mask: 255.255.255.0

Wifi:
static ip:10.0.0.4
subnet mask 255.255.255.0
Ch 6
SSID:PSP_AULJS00001_L_0
Adhoc mode
pocpocpocky
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2004 3:10 am Reply with quoteBack to top

(If you are having trouble and don't wanna read all this bullshit, just jump down to the last paragraph but make sure you have read CPhoneix's guide before you read this stupid one)

After playing with everything for 2 days, I have finally got everything to work and since there are still so many lost people out there, I thought I would contribute something to this forum.

First off, for anyone having trouble out there, READ CPHONEIX'S GUIDE! It has everything you need to start off with.

Okay, if you are starting from scratch, you'll have to figure out whether or not you need to forward your ports, the best way to find out is to start kai and see if your network is reachable, so start your kai, on the top left corner, click on the globe first and then click on the magnifying glass.
If your network is unreachable then the chances are you'll need to port forward, I am not going to go thru how to port forward but direct you to this site which has everything you need to know about port forwarding: http://www.portforward.com/. After you have set up your port forwarding, you should follow CPhoneix's guide on how to set up Kai.

After your network is reachable, you need to get Kai to communicate with your PSP, and to do that, you'll need the proper wireless lan card, that list can be found in this forum as well. I have started off with the Linksys WUSB54G, which is the usb version of the wifi card, that didn't work, or i couldn't get that to work, so the next day i went and brought a wifi card recommended by the list, which is also a linksys.

Okay, after I have followed linksys's installation instruction, which is to install their wifi management software, and then the hardware. I turned on my Ridge Racer and hosted a game, just so that I know my PSP will be broadcasting a signal. After playing around with the linksys's software, what I found is that it doesn't work, linksys's management software couldn't really communicate with my PSP, so I stop using linksys's software and used window's Wireless Zero Configuration. Then just setup all the network config as per CPhoneix.

If your computer successfully shows that you have connected your psp, go started Kai again, you'll have to wait a while before Kai recognizes your PSP, so be patient , and everything should work.

I know this is quite lenghty, I just hope it helps someone stuck.. cuz the biggest thing i have learnt from all of this is not to use linksys's management software, and that it takes some time for kai to interface with psp. And also after you played a game and if you wanna become a host, you'll need to get out of kai, disable your wireless lan card, and enable it again before others can find your game.
Placasoft
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 8:47 am Reply with quoteBack to top

How long does it took till Xlink shows that he is connectet to your PSP?
pocpocpocky
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 3:04 am Reply with quoteBack to top

In my expereince, from the time your wireless lan connects to the psp, start up kai and connects to kai, roughly takes around 5-7 mins or so, but i think this is a bit conservative.
Gamelver
Kai Enthusiast
Kai Enthusiast

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 4:59 am Reply with quoteBack to top

for me, assuming I load everything up in the correct order, the psp connects in a couple minutes Smile. guess it depends on your card or something...

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic