FAQ  •  Search  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 Need help connecting switch View next topic
View previous topic
fst322
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2019 2:45 am Reply with quoteBack to top

When I use xlink, I notice I’m reachable but my user name does not have any bar underneath it, I’m not to sure if it’s a port problem because I did allow xlink to have access when my firewall popped up. Xlink does block the Nintendo servers because when I run it, I can’t connect to the internet. I used the ip calculator to get my IP address and I put that ip on the switch except the board cast ip, do I have to put that somewhere on my router because I’m starting to think my router is the problem. The router I use is a spectrum arris router if that helps. If I’m reachable does that mean I should be able to connect to someone even if I don’t see the signal under my user name. Just want to be clear on the IP address though, when I followed the guide all it was asking me was use cmd to just type my actual IP address and dns addresses when I typed out the info for my ipv4. Sorry for the blurry picture but would I need to add another IP address in that section.

[/img]
S3phi40T
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:50 am Reply with quoteBack to top

You do not touch your router and you PC's IP. Leave your settings to auto (DHCP).
You modify IP, Gateway and Mask on your Switch only according to the calculator.
http://www.teamxlink.co.uk/ipcalculator.php

If network is "Reachable" and your Switch is shown in Metrics, it is all fine on your side.

It requires some practice but you will manage.

Try this:
- Turn Xlink off.
- restart your Switch
- Set your IP settings to auto (DHCP).
- turn your Xlink On
- Go to some arena at Xlink
- Set your IP settings to manual.
- your network should be reachable and console shown @ Metrics (sometimes it shows up if you trigger multiplayer @ game)
- You should be able to connect (host/look for room on Switch) but someone has to be playing the same particular game with the same update as you have.
Demon27248
Team XLink Moderator
Team XLink Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2019 9:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

You're not supposed to see a bar under your own name.

That shows your ping to other players, not their ping to the orb (irrelevant).

fst322
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 6:07 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks for the replies, this whole time, I had everything setup correctly, I thought had to see a bar under my name, I guess reachable actually meant reachable, just tested and played some smash.

also I did put everything back to auto dhcp again, when I touched that section, I based it on the tutorials picture, I seen that day.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic