FAQ  •  Search  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 Questions about server and download. View next topic
View previous topic
AlienWal
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 11:30 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hey, i recently came across this on youtube. I have a couple of questions, the installation guide is from 2012, and for windows vista. I have Windows 10 on my PC, is there any difference to how the set up is?

Also getting this mainly for socom 2, how many players are on and usually what time?

Are there different servers? Like region dependent. European only with european or is it globally?

And finally, how do u plan a gaming evening together, like message eachother where and how?

Thanks.
nextgenrules
Kai Regular
Kai Regular

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 4:59 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

1. As far as I know the setup procedure is pretty much the same. If you run into any issues finding your ps2 in the kai software make sure you setup port forwarding correctly (I don't remember the specifics off hand and I'm on my phone so trying to find it and link you to the instructions would be a hassle lol. Its on this forum though. If you'vre verified that everything is correct and you're still having issues, try temporarily turning your firewall off. Just make sure you turn it back on when you're done using kai

2. I don't play socom so hopefully somebody else will chime in

3. Yes but mostly for convenience to help you find people geographically close to you to reduce latency/lag issues.

4. These forums are where people usually schedule games/meetups

Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 12:21 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Thank you for your reply! I ordered ps2 with socom, will wait til i get it bfore installing xlink to pc. Hopefully it'll work out. Thanks again.
SgtLegend
TX Server Nerd
TX Server Nerd

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 4:04 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
Are there different servers? Like region dependent. European only with european or is it globally?

Just to clarify this, our Orbital Servers are in place to serve information about arena's, online players and media assets. Gameplay occurs via P2P which uses our engine but doesn't send game data to our server but instead directly to other players in the same arena.
nextgenrules
Kai Regular
Kai Regular

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 7:56 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm getting a replacement ps2 soon as well. I'm down to play just about anything if you wanna meet up on here and play something.

Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 4:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm searching for a CA assault as well, as I've seen people play that as well. But my problem is I'm in Europe, and i have no idea how many europeans use Xlink to play socom.. I dob't care about the stats saving on Socom, just hoped 20+ ppl would be on for a couple of decent games... I'll have everything setup by the 24th of June, will let you guys know how active the european part is.
AlienWal
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 9:58 am Reply with quoteBack to top

nextgenrules wrote:
I'm getting a replacement ps2 soon as well. I'm down to play just about anything if you wanna meet up on here and play something.

Right, so the nostalgia got the better of me. I just bought american ps2 with socom 2,3 and CA. I really hope i can get in a few games. You're more than welcome to join, mate.
nextgenrules
Kai Regular
Kai Regular

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 4:28 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Region doesn't matter to me, I'm going to be modding my ps2 as soon as I get it. Already got the chip in the mail lol. I will be able to play games from any region, i'll let you know once I get my ps2 and its modded and we can try and mesh our schedules together to set up some games/times to play

Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2016 12:46 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Where can I buy to chip to mod Pal to NTSC/ UC ? I have a friend who's interested as well. And i have a extra pal ps2 laying around.

Btw, check out therealsocom page, they plan gaming times. Had one today and yesterday.
nextgenrules
Kai Regular
Kai Regular

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2016 4:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Shoot me a pm not sure if we can delve into details on the forum about that Wink

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic