FAQ  •  Search  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 WiFi Max and Windows 8.1 View next topic
View previous topic
Kientin
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:50 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Which adapter am I using? http://i.imgur.com/P0tOCcH.jpg
In the case it was not reported as compatible, have I checked if it is or not? Yes.
If my adapter is compatible, did I make sure my Psp is detected by Kai through Kai's diagnostics mode or metrics? Kai probably won't detect any PSP if the adapter can't find any connections.
Am I portforwarded? Yes, 30000 is.
Which operating system am I using? Windows 8.1
Edit: Might as well follow the sticky. It was late at night when I wrote this. Also clarified my adapter.

So I've been at this for hours and have tried tons of stuff. Both from the Windows 7 guide and from others.

I bought a black WiFi Link years ago and it ran fine on Windows XP with Xlink. I somewhat recently had to reformat and moved to Windows 8.1. I installed the Zydas drivers listed in the guide with the XP compatability. When I plug in the adapter it automatically installs some other drivers which I've replaced with the Zydas drivers after disabling the signed drivers protection. I turned on PSPXLinkMode and the adapter won't find any connection at all, not from the PSP or anything else. I'm in the lobby in MHFU but it still won't pick it up. The adapter was picking up connections before I tossed on the Zydas drivers so I know it works. Let me go through a list of some of the various things I've tried to get this thing to find something from looking at some of the guides around here.

-Disabled the client for Microsoft Networks, file and printer sharing for Microsoft Networks, QoS Packet Scheduler. (Reenabled them after trying other stuff)
-Enabled Internet Connection Sharing.
-Set the IP Address to 10.0.0.1 and the Subnet Mask to 255.255.255.0 in the adapter according to the Vista guide. (I was trying a billion things at that point and figured why not give it a shot.)
-Tried a bunch of compatibility settings to try and get ZDWlan.exe to work since I recall using that on XP. Every time it pops up for a brief second on the taskbar and then disappears no matter what I do. A window never pops up at all and I don't have a chance to do anything with the program.
-A bunch of reinstalls trying out different compatibility settings with the driver.

I'm pretty much done with it at this point unless anyone else has a suggestion. As far as I can tell, WiFi Link and probably WiFi Max is dead in Windows 8.1.
karmic
Kai Regular
Kai Regular

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:52 am Reply with quoteBack to top

If Windows 8.1 x86 (32-bit), try using Buffalo Client Manager 3 instead of ZDWlan.

http://www.buffalotech.com/support-and-downloads/download/cm3-2012e.zip

Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 6:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Sorry for forgetting that detail. I'm running the 64 bit version of Windows 8.1. Unsurprisingly, I couldn't get the installer or anything else in there to run. Thanks for replying though.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic