FAQ  •  Search  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 I think Halo 2 is crap. Am I the only one ? View next topic
View previous topic
[MF]mkjones
Kai Lover
Kai Lover

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2004 1:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Just compleated it, Heroic dificulty made the later levels a decent challange but the end was just far too easy and not as much fun as the warthog run on the last one Sad

Still a decent game, the late levels were a lot of fun, esp the doom 3 rip off ones Wink

Well, its over for me, guess il see ya all online Wink

FPS: XIII - Halo (1&2) - UC - R63(BA) - TS2 - SO:RM - Wolfenstien
DRV: Midtown 3 - OutRun 2 - FlatOut
3PS: MA - SW:BF
SPT: Links 2004 - TopSpin - Amped 2
View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN Messenger
MrMurder
Kai Regular
Kai Regular

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2004 1:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hey everyone getting the same feelings as i got on halo 2 a crushing dissapointment on the lack of promised stuff they diddnt keep in.
I mean whats up with that they show the E3 Demo and then its not actually in game.
They promise 5 types of hog that are not in the game.
no fuel rod gun, flamethrower in multiplayer but halo pc get both hmmmmmm.
The ending of the single player campain Mad enough said.
Multiplayer maps well we had 3 years but still included 2 of the worst (IMO) maps from halo CE. and midship like a 5 minute design and about as enjoyable as daytime tv.

Why they diddnt put Sidewinder and damnation in is beyond me i hated bloodgulch in halo CE but they did a good job remaking it for 2.

1.) Graphics: well pretty good close up but like someone already pointed out its pretty hard to see other players in all that bump mapping lol
2.) Multiplayer: Only 2 good large scale maps Headlong and Waterworks and on the small maps lockout the rest are simply....... well simple and as mentioned above battle creek WHY??????
3.) New Stuff: yes we get the limited edition and play it through to find all this stuff promised not there so we think ah well hey lets watch the dvd we got and BANG all the stuff IS there but they diddnt keep it ingame so we payed extra for a dvd that shows us the stuff we diddnt get Mad anyone else see the problem here.
4.) Story: OK the single player was average a few nice ideas but not done enough with the scarab for example an indestructable battle tank that has an open top for people to just get in to kill it amazing technology these covenant have shame they have shit for brains.
5.) Music : The music from Halo was spot on timing perfect sounded good and was not overpowering halo 2 was a mess of sound and was hard to distinguish what cortana was saying to you at the best of times.
6.) Sound: see above.
7.) Weapons Ok lets face it the weapons are the game here so why did they fail to deliver anything good. the Battle rifle is good but not as promised and oh shock the covenant have a similar weapon the carbine with a single zoom whooopppiieeeeeee.
They take the single zoom off the magnum i agree the damage should be less and thats perfect.
I modded alot of halo 1 anyone with a modded xbox and ntsc halo go here check these weapons out .

http://files.halomods.com/viewtopic.php?t=13320

I did these with home brew software so bungie have no excuse for turning out the stuff they have.

duke_uk wrote:
Yeah i agree with your point about whoever gets the sword has an advantage, but they can be beat...keep em at a distance... and use the battle rile, or let them come close thinking they got you, and use duel magnums or shotgun....haha have seen many, many, many people think they can rule the game with the a sword, only to get dropped before they get a drop on me.

Im not the best halo player, but its ALWAYS good to drop the fucker who has been running around taking people out with the sword

swish, miss, swish, miss.
BOOM,BOOM...your dead hahahaha

Yah the magnums are great eh duke Laughing

Thanks for your time.
View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN Messenger
Jason-4-04
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2004 10:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

MrMurder wrote:

I mean whats up with that they show the E3 Demo and then its not actually in game.

Keyword: Demo.

I don't recall seeing the demo from E3 2000 in the original Halo.
moosebox
Kai Regular
Kai Regular

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2004 3:25 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Jason-4-04 wrote:
MrMurder wrote:

Keyword: Demo.

I don't recall seeing the demo from E3 2000 in the original Halo.

I just watched the E3 video for the first time and I noticed 2 things:

1. They referred to it as an 'In-game' Demo...I take that as its actually in game.
2. and It was 100 times better than the actual game. Outskirts was ok, but if they started the game off like that it would've been WAY WAY WAY better.

Kai Regular
Kai Regular

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2004 4:47 am Reply with quoteBack to top

things that sucked about halo 2:
1. STUPID MUSIC AT STUPID TIMES!!
2. Storyline was an absolute bore and cutscenes got boring
3. Some really awesome weapons and enemies were cut...woulda loved the flamethrower
4. difficulty levels were completely off...Easy = *yawn* Normal = *yawn* Heroic = "oh it's time to wake up" Legendary = HOLY S***!!I CAN'T WALK TWO STEPS WITHOUT GETTING KILLED!!

things that were cool about halo 2:
1. MULTIPLAYER!! if not for that i would have never bought the game at all
2. some new weapons...
3. some new maps...
4. at least we can use the banshee in multiplayer...

well...i loved the first Halo because it was so damn fun! Halo 2 didn't match up to it's predecessor... Crying or Very sad
[MF]mkjones
Kai Lover
Kai Lover

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2004 7:04 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I agree with you about the difficulty levels man Confused it was a massive jump from one to the next, normal was such a bore.

As for the music, what is wrong with you people? It was fuking amazing!? Probably one of the BEST things about the game!

If the game was as good as the music, then it would deserve its 10/10 rating, sadly as we have all found out its more like a 7 or 8..........

HaLO190390
Kai Regular
Kai Regular

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2004 7:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
halo 2 was a mess of sound and was hard to distinguish what cortana was saying to you at the best of times.

that's the main reason why i don't like the music...If Bungie had spent some more time organizing the music, I'm sure the music would have been a great part of the game.But since they didn't, the music seemed out of place.
XbcSharpShooter
Kai Regular
Kai Regular

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 12:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

i think a lot of the ideas from halo 2 were stolen from half life 2. Which was dissapointing. Half life 2 is also 500% better then halo 2. (im a pc gamer)

jbp20717
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 4:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I think Halo 2 is a decent game, but what annoys me is that it seems everyone is playing on it on kai and its hard to get a decent group together on any other game
[MF]mkjones
Kai Lover
Kai Lover

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 8:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

jbp20717 wrote:
I think Halo 2 is a decent game, but what annoys me is that it seems everyone is playing on it on kai and its hard to get a decent group together on any other game

I agre 100% YES YES YES Sad

I call it "Halo 2 feever" Wink

Its sad in the MisFits clan we tend to stray away from the more "popular" games (R63+Halo) but since the release of Halo 2 even we have been guilty of playing H2 a little 2 (note the pun) much Wink

Give it time and things will get back to normal Smile remember Halo 2 is a popular game in terms of Sales as well as online play so the actual logistics mean more people will own a copy..

SynthoidZeta
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 9:51 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

ThePinkFlamingo wrote:
I think Halo 2 is crap. Am I the only one ?

No, you're not the only one. I hope this startling news doesn't come as a big shock to you. But believe it or not, someone in the world hold the same opinion as you. It's sad you had to post a thread to discover that. Most people are capable of figuring that out on their own.

Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 6:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

1st off 5 million people can't be wrong.
Halo is a great game, hands down. Of course there are issues with all games, but Bungie has the ability to fix code through live updates. I can't think of a better co-operative/multiplayer game. I've played them all. I'm impressed!

The fringe society in this forum can keep bitching, but Bungie still wins! No matter you are playing right into Bungie/Microsofts hands! Talking about their product, you bought their product, and played their product. Now you are reading about their product. LOL

I suspect you don't like the game for several reasons:

- Lack of hand/eye coordination, or you are playing the game on easy. I have beat the game on legendary and damn it was hard! Try doing it in cooperative. Even harder. In Halo 1 your co-op buddy could die and you would be able to respawn them. NOT ANY MORE! Back to the check point with you.
If you can run through the game then take it off Easy noob! Try walking infront of a jackal with a sniper rifle on legendary. 9x out of 10 he will kill you with a head shot before you see him. STONE COLD.

- Lag. I'm a internet tech and I can tell you that you are limited by 2 things. You upload bandwidth and the bandwidth of the host. Crappy upload speed, or packet loss = LAG. Find another host and check your connection.

- The Music. Well Bungie forked out the big bucks for a nationally renowned symphony to compose and play the scores. I'd rather hear this than some pop music that will get old and irritating after a few rounds. The music fades in the background and gets lost in the action.

- Slow. yeah right. Look for CHRIS187 in any of the rooms. I'll give you a helluva run.

Twisted Evil
[H8D]Zorkon
Kai Enthusiast
Kai Enthusiast

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 6:59 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Halo 2 is THE SAME GAME AS HALO. That 2 at the end stands for "now you can have TWO WEAPONS!$#@% OMG!#$"

I am Zorkon from Zorkonius. Please, call me Zork.
View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN MessengerICQ Number
moosebox
Kai Regular
Kai Regular

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 7:39 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

[H8D]Zorkon wrote:
Halo 2 is THE SAME GAME AS HALO. That 2 at the end stands for "now you can have TWO WEAPONS!$#@% OMG!#$"

damn if only I knew that before I forked over the cash! Twisted Evil

Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 8:39 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

[H8D]Zorkon wrote:

lol. dude guess you aren't too observant. There are new weapons, baddies, maps, AI, and the physics are tweaked.

The only similarity is that I can kick your a#$ at either game.

Laughing
chris187
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 9:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

By "moosebox" you don't mean what I think you do... do you? Shocked
moosebox
Kai Regular
Kai Regular

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 9:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

chris187 wrote:
By "moosebox" you don't mean what I think you do... do you? Shocked

I don't know, what do you think I don't mean...don't I, do you?

Kai Enthusiast
Kai Enthusiast

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2004 2:00 am Reply with quoteBack to top

chris187 wrote:
[H8D]Zorkon wrote:

lol. dude guess you aren't too observant. There are new weapons, baddies, maps, AI, and the physics are tweaked.

The only similarity is that I can kick your a#$ at either game.

Laughing

Yeah, I hate Halo (if you couldn't tell), so you'd be right about that last part. Wink

I am Zorkon from Zorkonius. Please, call me Zork.
View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN MessengerICQ Number
[_Salvation_]
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 8:53 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I think it's overrated big time and the movement is sooooo slow. I still own it though because it's a good game, just not the best (In my opinon).
[MF]mkjones
Kai Lover
Kai Lover

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 11:07 am Reply with quoteBack to top

[_Salvation_] @ Thu Dec 23, 2004 8:53 am wrote:
I think it's overrated big time and the movement is sooooo slow. I still own it though because it's a good game, just not the best (In my opinon).

True, good game, just not the best.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic