Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:08 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Archive: /home/hert01/Downloads/DownloadManagerSetup (1).exe
[/home/hert01/Downloads/DownloadManagerSetup (1).exe]
End-of-central-directory signature not found. Either this file is not
a zipfile, or it constitutes one disk of a multi-part archive. In the
latter case the central directory and zipfile comment will be found on
the last disk(s) of this archive.
zipinfo: cannot find zipfile directory in one of /home/hert01/Downloads/DownloadManagerSetup (1).exe or
/home/hert01/Downloads/DownloadManagerSetup (1).exe.zip, and cannot find /home/hert01/Downloads/DownloadManagerSetup (1).exe.ZIP, period.

I don't know anymore over the past few months I've been trying to fix or find the problem to which why my computer can't open or install new programs or files. The stuff I just posted up there is an example of what's been interfering with my downloads. I use a Archives Manager to open and share files but it seems it cannot open these. I've tried using it to open The Xlink Kai but the same thing keeps popping up. Error while loading the Archive. Can someone help explain what is exactly that is preventing my Pc to successfully download these files? How can I resolve it? *Not A Real tech Guy* Smile
giggyprince
Team XLink Moderator
Team XLink Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 3:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

What Archives Manager do you use (name) ? Whats the extension name of the downloads you trying to execute (.zip .exe) ? Just to make sure have you checked for malware or trojans ? Can you execute the file when you change it from filename.exe.zip to filename.exe like DownloadManagerSetup (1).exe.ZIP to DownloadManagerSetup (1).exe. ?
VikingsPro
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 4:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Okay thing is we don't have a Malware Protection or Norton security and the reason to why we can't download their free trial is because of the damn archives manager or because the files in the contents that I am trying to install are not Backed up. Not a supported archive.File names and extensions eh? Can you give me more info on what that is? Usage maybe. I have no idea what type of archives manager that I have though I guessing that I got the wrong shit. So yeah. :}
giggyprince
Team XLink Moderator
Team XLink Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 4:59 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Does renaming a download and executing it afiterwards work ?
VikingsPro
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:06 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Nope that's what I just tried with the Kai engine I renamed it then tried opening it but still it's a no go. It also shows that I've got the files but when I click on the icon to get to to "Run" There is always now a error with the archives or the contents of this files are not supported. Hah Appreciate the help by the way. Smile
giggyprince
Team XLink Moderator
Team XLink Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Have you tried to run the pc in safe mode and try to execute an anti malware program like malware bytes anti malware or super antispyware ?
Do you can use another computer and download portable apps to a usb stick and execute them on your pc ? If yes i suggest you download and run this software here--> http://www.majorgeeks.com/Tweaking.com_-_Windows_Repair_Portable_d7222.html and https://www.superantispyware.com/portablescannerhome.html
VikingsPro
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 6:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Okay what I am about to do right now is to switch this computer that I am utilizing for another. I got a hunch that the other computer has a more compatible hard drive to work with and possibly can Run the files that I have been trying to Open.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic