FAQ  •  Search  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 About the 360 ping limit announcement View next topic
View previous topic
Zarkow
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 8:20 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I realize the announcement is from several years ago - and so is the info-posts linked in the arena in the Kai client, some as far back as 2007.

But if one has a JTAG/RGH modded xbox it is worth noting that DashLaunch has a setting (per default set to true) that removes the ping-limit.

Perhaps this could be mentioned - before advising any xbox 360 owners to use patches that seems less supported than the actively developed DashLauncher.
SgtLegend
TX Server Nerd
TX Server Nerd

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:34 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi Zarkow,

If you could please take some screenshots of this setting and some information about the JTAG/RGH mod that would be great just so we have some knowledge for users to read and look upon.
Zarkow
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 6:31 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi,

On this page they have an overview of the settings available (even better pages most likely exists): http://www.xpgamesaves.com/topic/50001-dash-launch-in-depth-explanation-and-set-up/

Under section 'Network' the first option is 'Ping Patch' (section is on half-way scrolled down position).

Quote:
Network:
Ping Patch:
If enabled, ping limit will be removed for system link play. Normally, retail consoles have a 30ms ping limit for system link. With this option enabled, there is no ping limit for system linking. We use this for Xlink KAI or other system link joiners.

I believe there is some overview screens around on some sites, but I can only get one by taking a picture of my TV...

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic