FAQ  •  Search  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 some qustions about version 7.4.22 View next topic
View previous topic
karmic
Kai Regular
Kai Regular

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:26 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Team XLink Developers,

I have some qustions about version 7.4.22.

I heard the main content of change is enhanced PS2/PS3.
Is there the content of change that effects other game console ( e.g. PSP ) ?
If yes, could you disclose details of difference between version 7.4.18 and version 7.4.22. ?

Thanks

karmic
SgtLegend
TX Server Nerd
TX Server Nerd

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 3:15 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi karmic,

The major changes to the 7.4.22 engine were patches and fixes which now allow for PS2/3 online gaming, as far as I'm aware this was the only major change but ill wait for DyinTryin, prestige or MeanMF to post before i yap on more.
[tHc]hicaow
Team XLink Administrator
Team XLink Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 3:57 am Reply with quoteBack to top

are you having an issue with the new version ?

find more people to play PS2 and GC on kai at www.onlineconsoles.com ... www.ps2onlinegaming.com
karmic
Kai Regular
Kai Regular

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi SgtLegend and [tHc]hicaow,

Thank you for your reply.
Actually, I don't have issues because I have not used the version 7.4.22 yet. I'm using version 7.4.18 for Linux(x86) on Debian GNU/Linux 6.0 and version 7.4.18 for Mac on Mac OS X 10.6.
However, I heard some issues about version 7.4.22 for Windows. It gets into the news in PSP/Action/MHP3rd/Japanese arena and Japanese player's XLinkKai BBS. There are two issues. I think these are unrelated to enhanced PS2/PS3.

Incident #1
Category: communication or connection
Affects: kaiEngine.exe
Importance: unknown ( I think it's high )
Description:
They don't chat at all after they are entering the quest of PSP/MHP3rd. Then they will end the quest in ten or more minutes, and they return to the village. When they restart the chat after ten or more minutes, kaiEngine.exe process is being run. it doesn't end. it says "Orbital Sync Lost".
It seems there is the communication problem of kaiEngine.exe version 7.4.22 inside. This problem doesn't occur in version 7.4.18.

Incident #2
Category: multi-byte character sets
Affects: the players who uses multi-byte character sets
Importance: unknown ( I think it's low )
Description:
When Asian player makes a private arena, they input the multi-byte character to the description of a private arena. In cases where they who uses new version input the multi-byte character to the description of a private arena, it always get garbled.
It seems there is the interface problem of kaiEngine.exe and webui.zip. This problem doesn't occur in version 7.4.18.

I think quality of version 7.4.22 is degrading compared with version 7.4.18.

Thanks

Last edited by karmic on Fri Jun 24, 2011 6:53 pm; edited 2 times in total
[tHc]hicaow
Team XLink Administrator
Team XLink Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

do these issues still occcure if you switch back to the classic UI in 7.4.22 ? .. you don't have to use the webUI ..

find more people to play PS2 and GC on kai at www.onlineconsoles.com ... www.ps2onlinegaming.com
karmic
Kai Regular
Kai Regular

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:02 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi [tHc]hicaow,

Thank you for your suggestion. I have tested classic UI in new version.

In the cases where I use classic UI in new version, it occurs too. kaiengine process is being run. it doesn't end. it complained "Orbital Sync Lost". Then classic UI process ends.
In the cases where I use classic UI in new version, It doesn't occur. It seems there is a problem with encoding between new version engine and WebUI.

Do you have any advice or suggestions to solve this issues?

Thanks
karmic
Kai Regular
Kai Regular

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:32 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I have the additional question.
Version 7.4.22 creates a new file "kai.dat" at user settings directory. What is this?
karmic
Kai Regular
Kai Regular

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 6:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I add an issue.

Incident #3
Category: connection
Affects: kaiEngine.exe
Importance: unknown ( I think it's high )
Description:
When we are only chatting at my private arena, WebUI often lose connection with kaiengine.
It says "Communications between the UI and Engine appear to have stopped responding. Is the engine still running? Please refresh your web browser to proceed".
It seems there is the connection problem of kaiEngine.exe version 7.4.22 inside. This problem doesn't occur in version 7.4.18.

Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hello, long time lurker and first time poster.

I must concur with these issues regarding connection in the newest Kai version 7.4.22. My buddies and I would play Monster Hunter Freedum Unite every day on our PSP, and since the update to 7.4.22, two of us can only play for about 8-10 minutes together before getting the inevitable "Detached from Engine..." animation with the error message:

"Communications between the UI and Engine appear to have stopped responding. Is the engine still running? Please refresh your web browser to proceed."

...and "Orbital Sync Lost" appears above the system tray.

This never happened before. Ports are forwarded fine, no firewall or antivirus/antimalware is on. PeerBlock is off.

Like I said, it works fine and we can play only for about 8-10 minutes before I lose lose orbital sync.

and it's NOT my Internet cutting out because we are talking live on Skype and/or Ventrillo and nothing cuts out. Resetted router and monitored packets and everything.

Any help?
BlinkerBoy
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:51 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Anyone? Are we the only ones with this problem?
Afinda
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:56 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Same problem here!
TheBlueFox
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I have these exact problems as well. Hopefully this is an issue that is of enough importance to be looked at soon
lazyhobobum
Kai Enthusiast
Kai Enthusiast

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 6:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

BlinkerBoy wrote:
Hello, long time lurker and first time poster.

I must concur with these issues regarding connection in the newest Kai version 7.4.22. My buddies and I would play Monster Hunter Freedum Unite every day on our PSP, and since the update to 7.4.22, two of us can only play for about 8-10 minutes together before getting the inevitable "Detached from Engine..." animation with the error message:

"Communications between the UI and Engine appear to have stopped responding. Is the engine still running? Please refresh your web browser to proceed."

...and "Orbital Sync Lost" appears above the system tray.

This never happened before. Ports are forwarded fine, no firewall or antivirus/antimalware is on. PeerBlock is off.

This isn't just a psp issue either. A guy that I have been playing Xlink Kai with for years reports nearly this exact same scenario happening with this new version of xlink kai. Every 10 minutes his xlink kai crashes and he gets the error quoted above. It is not a console specific problem. It happens to him every time he uses this new version, regardless of whether we are using ps2, ps3, or xbox 1. His network is always reachable and his console is always detected. The problem still occurred for him even with both his firewall and anti-virus program turned off. He is on windows 7, but I don't think that alone matters because 2 other people have been playing on windows 7 and have never had this problem. I personally haven't ever experienced this error myself, but I think it is indeed some bug with the new version. As soon as the guy switched back to the old version of Xlink Kai (7.3.1.7) we were able to play for 30 minutes straight and the error never happened.

Also, this error happens regardless of whether he uses the classic UI or the web one with version 7.4.22 of xlink kai.

www.youtube.com/user/Lazyhoboguy

A List of All My Xlink Games: http://lazyhoboguy.webs.com/My%20Online%20Video%20Games.htm
Afinda
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 11:03 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Here's a fix for the "Orbital Server Lost" / "Detached from Engine" problem that worked out for me and the problem i had with it:

A friend and me Tried to play Monster Hunter Portable 3rd on PSP with AdhocToUSB.

i've forwarded ports, firewall isn't blocking anything and we could get into game together.

After about 5-10 Minutes i'd get "Detached From Engine..." (Win7 x64, WebUI)
or "Orbital Server Lost" (Win XP SP3, VMWare, WebUI, System Tray Message)

Had the problem for a few days.

Here is what fixed this issue for me:

It seems that you'll get these two errors if you don't chat in Kai while being ingame.

I've setup a Macro for my G11 Gaming Keyboard for it to write an simple "a" in chat every 12 seconds. This can also be done with free Macro software.

After this we were able to play for about 1 Hour nonstop without any problems.

Hope this helps a few of you who are having the same problem and can't seem to find a fix/workaround for this![/b]
karmic
Kai Regular
Kai Regular

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 1:34 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thank you for your solution.
I don't think it's fundamental solution although it's one solution by user side.

Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:13 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Been doing the above fix, but c'mon, this has to be something that Xlink can fix!
Narolf
Kai Spammer
Kai Spammer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:33 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Dude, use Kai 7.3 as said above. It still works just fine for me as well, no glitch or anything.

http://megaupload.com/?d=WPT9TC20

Kai Enthusiast
Kai Enthusiast

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Narolf wrote:
Dude, use Kai 7.3 as said above. It still works just fine for me as well, no glitch or anything.

http://megaupload.com/?d=WPT9TC20

Well this thread is important because the plan was to discontinue version 7.3.1.7. So hopefully the Xlink guys see this thread and fix this bug before that happens.

www.youtube.com/user/Lazyhoboguy

A List of All My Xlink Games: http://lazyhoboguy.webs.com/My%20Online%20Video%20Games.htm
Narolf
Kai Spammer
Kai Spammer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Yup Lazyhobobum, I saw the tweet as well. They said 7,3 would be unsupported at the same time the actual 7,4 is announced but we still can use 7,3 just fine as for today. I assume they simply meant 7,3 isn't available for download on their servers any longer.

Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

They disable 7.4.18 but leave 7.3 allowed to connect to the network, come on admins, explain that one! Rolling Eyes

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic