FAQ  •  Search  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 The line/difference of modding/cheating... View next topic
View previous topic
Baculus
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 1:32 am Reply with quoteBack to top

This forum seemed the best place to put this, I've looked over the FAQ and some of the forums trying to get some definitive answers on this... I must be missing it. I'm not familiar with the site and tried a few searches but got nothing... >_>

As someone who is planning to buy a wifi-max to play on Xlink, I figured it'd be best to ask before a problem came up or I did something wrong...

I'm a long time modder and a novice hacker when it comes to games... and from what I understand this is ok if it is a modded arena or the game is marked as such.

But that's not really where my question stems from...

My main concern- in this case is Monster Hunter Freedom 2. I began playing around with a save state hacking- working into items and the like playing with different values and such.

But after almost breaking the game I went through and tried to clean up my save the best I could- but there still remains a few items that have been artificially multiplied(I hate you skulls) along with there is might be weapons that I should not have... I can't remember exactly which items where exactly fit for each ranks. It's not like I'm a brand new hunter, I've played 60+ hours into this save and are pretty far in the game...

But my question is simply is it cheating if I go into a a game accidentally with a weapon that is to strong/advanced? Er... better question- is it breaking a rule if you go into a game with a save that was previously cheated on- and there are some accidental remnants from that?

If need be I'll preen away things further, but I'd rather not go through every tree, every weapon, and start checking where and when items can be obtained.

Any clarification would be helpful, I'd rather not start off on the wrong foot with a new community. Smile
SgtLegend
TX Server Nerd
TX Server Nerd

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 2:35 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Modding on kai is not aloud unless it is in a Mods And Hacks Arena. Any Mods outside an arena called that will get you banned

(-TU-)Kovert-xX wrote:
Hey wanna mod? Well...you have exactly 4 choices:

1) do it in the mods/hacks arena
2) do it in your own private arena with a description saying you are modding
3) do it in your own private arena which is locked/passworded
4) or dont abide by the first 3 and be considered a cheater, in which case the final xlink day is upon you Wink

This is it folks, this is the final word right here...idc what your purpose is for modding, or what "type" of modder you are, people hate it and consider it unfair if its not advertised or kept privately locked, and we have enough on our hands, never mind all the complaints about cheating modders. Mod all you want, but FOLLOW THE RULES! (which i listed above).

Modding is a serious matter, and if the rules are not followed, expect a serious consequence!

Thank You
-Kovey
urine.my.way
I Just Make The World Go Round
I Just Make The World Go Round

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 4:29 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Basically it breaks down like this. If you enter someone else's room with weapons/items others cannot get at your current level/experience, you are breaking the rules. Before playing online, I'd say get it back to its original state then play with others, unless you host your own game with 'mods' or something that states your current situation in the description.

Dr. Urine, no cure for the disease...

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic