FAQ  •  Search  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 Where are the step by step instructions? View next topic
View previous topic
Creator
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 5:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I downloaded the file and installed it on my puter. When I check my Kai performance I don't see my XBOX. I have no idea if I did everything right because I'm really just flying blind. I've read the FAQ and the other site. Are there step by step instructions anywhere that tells you when you do this you shoulld see this? Or this needs to be done because?

Also, there is a yellow note at the bottom of the window that says, "If you cannot get your cons..." then cuts off. Can someone finish that statement for me? I believe that is what I need but I can't figure out how to read the rest of that statement.
[FUNK]
Team XLink Administrator
Team XLink Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 6:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

http://www.teamxlink.co.uk/?go=quickstart

Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 11:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks for the link. Not sure why I couldn't find it on my own???

I have the software loaded and I know my XBOX is on the network because I can FTP to it. The Kai application on my puter says it is online and I can see the arena's and people etc... However, when I put in Gotham racing and get it to system link, look for a gima I don't see it in the Kai application on my puter. Any suggestions?

ps... I also noticed I can't FTP to it at this point without rebooting the console.

I just turned off the live blocker in the x-chip bios but no luck...
[FUNK]
Team XLink Administrator
Team XLink Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 11:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The games will not show on your PC. Just put the game in system link mode searching for games. But make sure there are users playing it first. Also make sure they can see your ping and that you can see your Xbox in the performance tab.

Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 12:19 am Reply with quoteBack to top

SS-Funk wrote:
The games will not show on your PC. <snip>Also make sure they can see your ping and that you can see your Xbox in the performance tab.

Here is my problem, when I have a game in and go to system link and look for games I can no longer ping my xbox, ftp to it or see it in the performance tab. When I reboot with no game in it ping and ftp work again.

I have an x-chip with evox 1.1 bios and slayer 2.6 loaded. Any suggestions as to what might be set wrong?
Creator
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 12:30 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Just tried a store bought game, ghost recon and still the same. Must have something to do with my mod chip???
TA-JudgeDredd
Kai Admirer
Kai Admirer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 1:58 am Reply with quoteBack to top

When you load a game up on the xbox, the xbox IP changes. This is normal. If you reboot back to your dash, you should be able to ftp again.

EDIT: make sure you check your performance tab when your xbox is searching for a game on sys link. If your xbox still doesn't show up, reply back here and others will help you out with your problem.

Creator
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 2:16 am Reply with quoteBack to top

f.u. wrote:
When you load a game up on the xbox, the xbox IP changes. This is normal. If you reboot back to your dash, you should be able to ftp again.

EDIT: make sure you check your performance tab when your xbox is searching for a game on sys link. If your xbox still doesn't show up, reply back here and others will help you out with your problem.

Thanks, this is the case. It does not show up in the performance tab while searching for a game.

I didn't know the IP changed when you load up a game. Could this be a subnet problem or could it be changing to something not compatible with my LAN range? I use 192.168.7.0
dfunked
Team XLink Administrator
Team XLink Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 3:59 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Creator wrote:
f.u. wrote:

Thanks, this is the case. It does not show up in the performance tab while searching for a game.

I didn't know the IP changed when you load up a game. Could this be a subnet problem or could it be changing to something not compatible with my LAN range? I use 192.168.7.0

No, it's by design. XBoxes were never intended for usage as normal network devices while playing in system-link. *ALL* XBoxes use the system-link IP of 0.0.0.1, even if you had 4 XBoxes hooked up together, they all have the same IP. Anywho, you can only FTP when something on the XBox contains an FTP server (almost every dashboard does, but applications, emus, games etc don't).

If you don't see the console while the XBox is searching for games (in any system-link game), you're issue is with WinPCap. Uninstall WinPCap and try a different version via http://winpcap.polito.it I've heard the 3.01 alpha works best, but different network hardware / PCs work well with different versions.
Creator
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 2:03 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Tried every version back to 2.3. Has older versions been known to work with XP?
[FUNK]
Team XLink Administrator
Team XLink Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 2:22 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Creator wrote:
Tried every version back to 2.3. Has older versions been known to work with XP?

Read this. It might fix a lot of your problems soon.
http://www.teamxlink.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2266

Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 4:25 am Reply with quoteBack to top

good to hear, a wincapless version is on the way. Hope it fixes my problems. I keep my eye out... Thanks
Creator
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 4:37 am Reply with quoteBack to top

dfunked wrote:
Creator wrote:
f.u. wrote:

No, it's by design. XBoxes were never intended for usage as normal network devices while playing in system-link. *ALL* XBoxes use the system-link IP of 0.0.0.1, even if you had 4 XBoxes hooked up together, they all have the same IP. Anywho, you can only FTP when something on the XBox contains an FTP server (almost every dashboard does, but applications, emus, games etc don't).

You tore my stomach up with this statement. I've tried and I've tried but I just can't get this to digest. How can 4 boxes with the same IP speak to each other? All the packets will have the same address. Also, how is my puter which is on 192.168.254.*** supposed to see the console if it is on 0.0.0.1? Different subments etc... Is there a place I can read on this?
[FUNK]
Team XLink Administrator
Team XLink Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 9:41 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Creator wrote:
dfunked wrote:
Creator wrote:
f.u. wrote:

You tore my stomach up with this statement. I've tried and I've tried but I just can't get this to digest. How can 4 boxes with the same IP speak to each other? All the packets will have the same address. Also, how is my puter which is on 192.168.254.*** supposed to see the console if it is on 0.0.0.1? Different subments etc... Is there a place I can read on this?

Do you believe in Magic? Wink

Team XLink Administrator
Team XLink Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 10:45 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Creator wrote:
dfunked wrote:
Creator wrote:
f.u. wrote:

Easy. Source MAC. Destination MAC. Done Wink

As I said in the original post, while in system link *you can't* access the XBox as if it's part of your network via conventional methods. If you're interested in how this works I suggest finding some technical documentation from Microsoft. Like I said, this is *DURING SYSTEM-LINK*. For developers, XBoxes handle debug IP's which are just like another IP on your home network. The same applies for modded boxes that have network setup sections where you can specify settings such as IP / DNS. These settings *don't* follow through while playing in a game etc. (If you use a debug bios, that's a different thing).

Long story short, don't worry about how the XBoxes does the system-linking. Evox settings, Avalaunch settings, all those are totally irrelevant when it comes to Kai, as Kai is listening for traffic from a 0.0.0.1 address and not your usual XBox IP.
Creator
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 4:16 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

MAC! Duh??? That was my next guess Laughing Honest it was. My word as a filesharer Mr. Green

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic