FAQ  •  Search  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 (GRAW / XBL) Playing with friends in a ranked room View next topic
View previous topic
Juicers
Kai Admirer
Kai Admirer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 2:18 am Reply with quoteBack to top

1) Create a room with max players 7 (or something small). Since your friends cannot join your room through the friends list, they will have to manually look for your room in the lobby. Make sure you tell them to look for a max player- 7 room/ sharp shooter (or whatever game type you have it on). By limiting the room to a small number your friends search will be quicker and easier for them to find your room.

2) Once all your friends are in the room, you can go to advanced settings and make maxed players 16 (or how ever many you can hold). Once you are ready to launch go to advanced settings and put the auto start timer on- so when the game ends the host gets put back in the lobby and the game does not drop. Once the host is on the lobby, he must start the game right away and stop it so that every1 else is in the lobby. After every1 is in the lobby, you can change the settings (maps, kits...) and start the game again with the same people.

3) After like 5 games your room might drop and you'll have to do it all over again.

*) You can also invite a friend to chat and search for a room at the same time. when your both in the lobby you can ask each other if you see the same room and both join it.

Kai Lover
Kai Lover

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 8:09 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I thought you could setup private games - by going to create private game and then inviting your friends. You can setup auto launch and play without being discconnected Smile

But can't wait to play with you guys - what is your rank? I stuck at 1 and have played for 3-4 days... Sad

boxorox
Kai Admirer
Kai Admirer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 8:30 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

XCTtyler wrote:
I thought you could setup private games - by going to create private game and then inviting your friends. You can setup auto launch and play without being discconnected Smile(

You cannot create a private "ranked" game and you cannot invite or follow friends to a ranked game. Like juicers said, you just need to coordinate and use the different server search criteria.
Juicers
Kai Admirer
Kai Admirer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 10:23 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

im rank 4. iv been winning alot so 5 should be right around the corner.

Team XLink Administrator
Team XLink Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 11:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The rank system is easily abused so why bother..You don't have to jump through hoops to get into and stay in an unranked match.
boxorox
Kai Admirer
Kai Admirer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 1:19 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The rankings system is stupid IMO, but some people really try hard to unlock all the achievements and one of the major mistakes they made with this game was to tie in some of the achievements to the rankings.

Last edited by boxorox on Tue Mar 14, 2006 1:55 am; edited 1 time in total
Juicers
Kai Admirer
Kai Admirer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 1:29 am Reply with quoteBack to top

yeah, I dont like how the ranking system works either. But for me, the ranked matches are more exciting...i guess because their is a mental prize at the end.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic