FAQ  •  Search  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 10wk break from kai (same post as before diff name) View next topic
View previous topic
mbainrot
Kai Regular
Kai Regular

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 1:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

For a while i am taking a break from Kai, mainly from school (yes my profile says 22-25 but i am actually 16, when i see age i think oh my i am a gonna if use my real age) as i am starting Yr 11 and also recently i have copped allot
of flaming/abuse recently.

So for those who are following XLink Kai Power UI 1.5a, development may speed up or slow down, depending on allot of things.

There is no upto date release on sourceforge as it has been a shit (can't upload Sad let alone browse there Sad Sad )

i am gonna look for a new file host soon. seeing i want someone who is not as strict as sf

I will be on in bits and bytes in Arena/XBox/First Person Shooter/Halo 2/Asia and Oceania

but not too often after Tuesday 31 January, as that is when horrible school goes back :'(.

But once i fully implement General chat & Contact list/pm then i will do another Public release (XLink Kai Power UI 1.5b)

edit: latest info is at the bottom

Last edited by mbainrot on Sat Jan 28, 2006 12:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
[MF]superman
Kai Spammer
Kai Spammer

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 1:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Why have you been flamed? I see no negativity from you, dont see why anyone would flame you?

As far as breaks go, I hear ya. School, work, work, more work and a family. For an 11th grader, you got quite a nice app under your belt. Hope you go into the computer science field for a career, you'd probably be really good at it.

Team XLink Administrator
Team XLink Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 1:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

ya school is important, keep that up ..

good work on the UI so far , no flames here :]

find more people to play PS2 and GC on kai at www.onlineconsoles.com ... www.ps2onlinegaming.com
BroKenMan-Redskull
Kai Spammer
Kai Spammer

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 8:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

just got my midterm scores back today and i just demolished them all. Like 1 C 5 Bs and an A

mbainrot
Kai Regular
Kai Regular

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 1:44 am Reply with quoteBack to top

in my Yr 10 cert i got a band 5 (i think thats a B) in GEOGRAPHY!!!
3x band 4s (sci,math,english)
and 1x band 3 (history)

mbainrot
Kai Regular
Kai Regular

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 12:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Code:

CrAzYLiFe: get on it
CrAzYLiFe: NOW
{SF}Ro: which u already have
CrAzYLiFe: yeah
CrAzYLiFe: gets on it now
CrAzYLiFe: WE NEED TO TALk
Kai Orbital Mesh: Welcome to the home of free online Halo 2!

If you're struggling with lag try a private arena, they are a great way to reduce lag in game. You do not however need to be in a private arena to play. You can play RIGHT HERE!

If you're hosting a game for other users, YOU MUST SET YOUR STATUS TO HOSTING!! OR NOBODY WILL EVER SEE YOUR GAME!! http://www.teamxlink.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2690

IMPORTANT

We recommend that only users that have an upload bandwidth of 512kbps or more host larger Halo 2 games (6+ players). If you have 256kbps upload, please set the maximum players to 6 from the Halo 2 options. The less upload bandwidth, the less players you should host. This is the best way to stop users from trying to host too many players that they can't handle, adding to additional lag and ruining the Halo 2 experience. Thanks.
mbainrot: Imagine, Warthog high speed + passenger w/ rocket launcher + fies shot off to one side 
-=Pandora=-: rrrrrrrright
-=Pandora=-: hehe
mbainrot: flips galore
mbainrot: if done right its like a fucking torpedo
-=Pandora=-: LOL
-=Pandora=-: is this the driver more than a solider guy??
-=Pandora=-: LAWL
iGoTiT4FrEe: :0
-=Pandora=-: not a soldier, more of a driver LMAO
-=Pandora=-: so play need for speed, not fuckin halo2
mbainrot: asshoel
mbainrot: shit bags like make me want to take a break from Kai all togeth
mbainrot: *er
[LOC]_Adam: yeaaaahhhhhhhhbbbbboooooooooyyyyyyy
mbainrot: Ignored]
[LOC]_Adam: nix i dont think you sould be arguein
-=Pandora=-: lol....
-=Pandora=-: id be quiet if i was you adam
[LOC]_Adam: y is that
-=Pandora=-: of all the people here, ur gonna start on nixxy....smart
[LOC]_Adam: me nix arent fightin any more
mbainrot: recently, from all the shit i have been givin, i have been considering taking a long term break from Kai, so i can persue a second carere in cooking
mbainrot: or atleast improve my skills
[LOC]_Adam: arguin*
[LOC]_Adam: nix told me just chill out in chat
mbainrot: a good healthly hobby that is good for my back & eyes & shoulders
[LOC]_Adam: so thats what im gona do
mbainrot: it would be nice if nix showed me ALLOT more respect
[LOC]_Adam: do i show you respect
mbainrot: seeing i have devoted my TIME and RESOURCES so i can code a UI for Kai, and in return i cop shit.
mbainrot: i am mainly glaring at Pandora
[LOC]_Adam: y what see do to you
-=Pandora=-: WTF
[LOC]_Adam: whe*
-=Pandora=-: what did i do dipshit?
mbainrot: mbainrot: if done right its like a fucking torpedo-=Pandora=-: LOL-=Pandora=-: is this the driver more than a solider guy??-=Pandora=-: LAWLiGoTiT4FrEe: :0-=Pandora=-: LOL-=Pandora=-: not a soldier, more of a driver LMAO-=Pandora=-: so play need for speed, not fuckin halo2-=Pandora=-: hehe
-=Pandora=-: no one asked u to code a ui, well i didnt
-=Pandora=-: so i dont give a fuck about that
-=Pandora=-: and this is the first time i have said anything to u, and i was havin a joke
mbainrot: well it would be nice if i got a bit more respect
[LOC]_Adam: thats not nice pan he was only tryin to help
-=Pandora=-: so shove it up your arse geek boy
mbainrot: ATLEAST I CAN CONTRIBUTE TO THE COMUNITITY
-=Pandora=-: u ban people for playing well, nice work
mbainrot: come to think of it, i am stopping dev and use of Kai for atleast 10 weeks
[LOC]_Adam: i have his iu
-=Pandora=-: good, buhbye
mbainrot: i have had it UP TO HERE with fucking bullshti
-=Pandora=-: c ya
-=Pandora=-: 
mbainrot: goodt byte

due to this recent bout of bullshit, i am taking atleast 10 weeks off from Devolping XLink Kai Power UI 1.5a and from Kai. I have honestly had enough, and my 10 wk break is a decent comprimise then leaving for good.
I hope to see u all ('cept those who are on my contact list) at the start of Term 1 School Holidays (about 10 weeks from Tuesday)

xboxgeek
Team XLink Administrator
Team XLink Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 12:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

You need to toughen up soldier. You should see some of the shit we get Very Happy Out of the many there are always a few that will never be happy and have a pop at you. Just let it ride.

Anyway have a nice break and see you back in April.

mbainrot
Kai Regular
Kai Regular

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 12:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

i just don't like getting shit, i spend from 9~ am to 11.58pm coding on my UI, and the good part of the day my room gets upto 30°C!

i could have been down the pool with friends, but i chose to contribute to the community. So what i perfer vehicles over 2 feet and a heart beat
its a hell of allot safer Razz

edit: screenie from thy UI:

urine.my.way
I Just Make The World Go Round
I Just Make The World Go Round

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 3:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

mbainrot wrote:
i just don't like getting shit, i spend from 9~ am to 11.58pm coding on my UI, and the good part of the day my room gets upto 30°C!

i could have been down the pool with friends, but i chose to contribute to the community. So what i perfer vehicles over 2 feet and a heart beat
its a hell of allot safer Razz

That's great determination, but as Geek said, there will always be haters (on Kai and in life) and you'll have to learn to deal with them. BTW, good work on the UI, nice to see you contributing.

Dr. Urine, no cure for the disease...
mbainrot
Kai Regular
Kai Regular

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 11:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Once i get rid of all this old system crap off my flash drive, i will be backing up my code, in my break, knowing me and my ADD, i will prolly end up working on a linux client, but not as me, prolly as my alias (those who know me, know my alias)

BroKenMan-Redskull
Kai Spammer
Kai Spammer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 3:03 am Reply with quoteBack to top

pablo francisco?

mbainrot
Kai Regular
Kai Regular

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 3:31 am Reply with quoteBack to top

nope, but good sugestion :p

[MF]superman
Kai Spammer
Kai Spammer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 4:30 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Yeah dude, dont let those guys get ya down. They're prolly just jealous cause I'm willing to bet that none of them can do what you do, if their lives depended on it.

Comes with the territory, anyhow. When you make something that is desirable, you will always attacks from those who wish they were you or had some of the traits you possess. Just think of it as fuel to feed the fire.

also, it depends who you hang around. I hardly get any lip on XLink cause I hang out with good people who show respect to everyone.

EDIT: Cooking would be a great hobby for you to take up. That way you wont have to rely on anyone else to cook your meals like I do with my fiancee. I'd prolly starve if I didnt have her, lol.

Kai Regular
Kai Regular

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 6:40 am Reply with quoteBack to top

well i have decided to be scarce, but continue the dev.

needless to say, the silent ignore feature works well Razz

MacX_Carnage
Kai Regular
Kai Regular

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 1:25 am Reply with quoteBack to top

mbainrot wrote:
Code:

CrAzYLiFe: get on it
CrAzYLiFe: NOW
{SF}Ro: which u already have
CrAzYLiFe: yeah
CrAzYLiFe: gets on it now
CrAzYLiFe: WE NEED TO TALk
Kai Orbital Mesh: Welcome to the home of free online Halo 2!

If you're struggling with lag try a private arena, they are a great way to reduce lag in game. You do not however need to be in a private arena to play. You can play RIGHT HERE!

If you're hosting a game for other users, YOU MUST SET YOUR STATUS TO HOSTING!! OR NOBODY WILL EVER SEE YOUR GAME!! http://www.teamxlink.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=269
IMPORTANT

We recommend that only users that have an upload bandwidth of 512kbps or more host larger Halo 2 games (6+ players). If you have 256kbps upload, please set the maximum players to 6 from the Halo 2 options. The less upload bandwidth, the less players you should host. This is the best way to stop users from trying to host too many players that they can't handle, adding to additional lag and ruining the Halo 2 experience. Thanks.
mbainrot: Imagine, Warthog high speed + passenger w/ rocket launcher + fies shot off to one side 
-=Pandora=-: rrrrrrrright
mbainrot: flips galore
mbainrot: if done right its like a fucking torpedo
-=Pandora=-: is this the driver more than a solider guy??
iGoTiT4FrEe: :0
-=Pandora=-: not a soldier, more of a driver LMAO
-=Pandora=-: so play need for speed, not fuckin halo2
mbainrot: asshoel
mbainrot: shit bags like make me want to take a break from Kai all togeth
mbainrot: *er
[LOC]_Adam: yeaaaahhhhhhhhbbbbboooooooooyyyyyyy
mbainrot: Ignored]
[LOC]_Adam: nix i dont think you sould be arguein
-=Pandora=-: lol....
-=Pandora=-: id be quiet if i was you adam
[LOC]_Adam: y is that
-=Pandora=-: of all the people here, ur gonna start on nixxy....smart
[LOC]_Adam: me nix arent fightin any more
mbainrot: recently, from all the shit i have been givin, i have been considering taking a long term break from Kai, so i can persue a second carere in cooking
mbainrot: or atleast improve my skills
[LOC]_Adam: arguin*
[LOC]_Adam: nix told me just chill out in chat
mbainrot: a good healthly hobby that is good for my back & eyes & shoulders
[LOC]_Adam: so thats what im gona do
mbainrot: it would be nice if nix showed me ALLOT more respect
[LOC]_Adam: do i show you respect
mbainrot: seeing i have devoted my TIME and RESOURCES so i can code a UI for Kai, and in return i cop shit.
mbainrot: i am mainly glaring at Pandora
[LOC]_Adam: y what see do to you
-=Pandora=-: WTF
[LOC]_Adam: whe*
-=Pandora=-: what did i do dipshit?
mbainrot: mbainrot: if done right its like a fucking torpedo-=Pandora=-: LOL-=Pandora=-: is this the driver more than a solider guy??-=Pandora=-: LAWLiGoTiT4FrEe: :0-=Pandora=-: LOL-=Pandora=-: not a soldier, more of a driver LMAO-=Pandora=-: so play need for speed, not fuckin halo2-=Pandora=-: hehe
-=Pandora=-: no one asked u to code a ui, well i didnt
-=Pandora=-: so i dont give a fuck about that
-=Pandora=-: and this is the first time i have said anything to u, and i was havin a joke
mbainrot: well it would be nice if i got a bit more respect
[LOC]_Adam: thats not nice pan he was only tryin to help
-=Pandora=-: so shove it up your arse geek boy
mbainrot: ATLEAST I CAN CONTRIBUTE TO THE COMUNITITY
-=Pandora=-: u ban people for playing well, nice work
mbainrot: come to think of it, i am stopping dev and use of Kai for atleast 10 weeks
[LOC]_Adam: i have his iu
-=Pandora=-: good, buhbye
mbainrot: i have had it UP TO HERE with fucking bullshti
-=Pandora=-: c ya
-=Pandora=-: 
mbainrot: goodt byte

due to this recent bout of bullshit, i am taking atleast 10 weeks off from Devolping XLink Kai Power UI 1.5a and from Kai. I have honestly had enough, and my 10 wk break is a decent comprimise then leaving for good.
I hope to see u all ('cept those who are on my contact list) at the start of Term 1 School Holidays (about 10 weeks from Tuesday)

You do need to chill out a bit man and just let the water roll off the ducks back a bit here...I know some of those haters personally as i have chatted to them too..And this is part of Kai whether you like it or not...

The thing is you are probably coding and doing what you think is best for this community, these people will never know the dedication you may throw towards this project..and it for that reason you should keep your head down and hit the code with all you got...don't listen to the hate, its deisigned to make you fail..

To tell you the truth (and sometimes the truth hurts), no one will give a shit about your coding unless you acomplish something that changes the way they game...Then you'll get the respect..

Look at The Daddy and Xlink, No one cared about Xlink, but because he has created something great and it makes our gaming experience really cool, he gets the respect he deserves..you need to follow this path..!!

Pandora, and the Aussie Halo 2 bunch are all pretty critical becasue they think they are the bomb when it comes to playin Halo 2......Anyone who posts in here probably doesn't give a shit what these people have to say because Halo 2 is a small minded persons games.. Kill Or Be killed (Really complex Game)..Ahh Duhh!

At least in here (forums) people use their brains and intellect to create something btr in life, well most do!!

So in closing all I can say is be honest with yourself and finish that code, be the Winner not the Looser..If you have 10 weeks off your playing the game these haters want..Do what is important to you man and you can't go wrong...

Cheers
En4ser

Kai Spammer
Kai Spammer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 2:35 am Reply with quoteBack to top

[MD]En4ser wrote:
.you need to follow this path..!!

nah, m8. Be original, be a pioneer, create your own path that will make others follow.

Kai Regular
Kai Regular

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 10:33 am Reply with quoteBack to top

[MF]superman wrote:
[MD]En4ser wrote:
.you need to follow this path..!!

nah, m8. Be original, be a pioneer, create your own path that will make others follow.

Yeah, actually your right there Superman..lol Cool

Kai Regular
Kai Regular

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 10:42 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

They're prolly those fat overweight 14 year old tossers I see struggling to walk down the street and ask their parents for $5 to drive them to McDonalds drive-thru because all they do is sit on their ass playing Halo 2 for their entire life and they spit when they speak cos there's too much fat in their face and their mouth struggles to open.

Wouldn't worry about them. Tell em to go fuck a computer mouse (the trackball kind).
redwolf
Team XLink Moderator
Team XLink Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 12:11 am Reply with quoteBack to top

haha Laughing

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic