FAQ  •  Search  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 Keep it clean View next topic
View previous topic
[R.I.P]MR-DUDLEY
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 8:24 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi guys, this is probably my tenth post since I joined KAI but something is beginning to F**KING MOTHERF***ING PI** ME OFF.
Am I correct in assuming KAI is a clean site that asks its users and members to keep the written language clean? I hope so, but there seems to be a number of members who think they can create a room with "FU** OFF", "MOTHERF****ERS" and so on within the room description.
Kai has kept its standards high over the years and I hope the stupid few don't lower the tone.
I've been on KAI for a while now and have recommend it too many people, but, I feel presenting KAI with BOLLO**S and CU** is not a good way of helping the community within.
Sorry for my outburst but I don't want KAI's standards to fall.

Regards,

MR-DUDLEY
TheDaddy

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 10:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Actually, bad language is not a problem - never has been... they're only words, after all..

Racism and sexual harassment type shit is not allowed - of course, but people giving their rooms names like that is not really frowned upon - we aren't babysitters..

TD
MacX_Carnage
Kai Regular
Kai Regular

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 2:58 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Well, I agree when you say to keep it clean.....Big Thumbs Up!

I am not a puritan by any means at all but I can't see any sense in making your arena names full of F and C's.. I'll still play in these rooms but it creates a negative feeling throughout!...

I've actually came across a host in Black Arrow who with his many swear words in the Arena title was a raging bull in the game, every second word was a F or C and when its aimed at you and your mates well you just don't want to take part in these rooms....A couple of my mates won't play in those rooms anymore....

I have no real problem with swear words but its the attitude that is behind them that concerns me, Feel free to call me a f'ing Ahole in good humour but when I'm told that I'll be F'n hunted down like a Biatch and F'ed in the ass like a M'Fer , just becasue somelese isn't as fast on the trigger...I take offence to that sort of thing.

When me and my mates get togeather we make a considerate effort not to F & C each other cause we have respect for one another allthough its hard to hold back when you've just be killed three times in 10 seconds.....We call it Sportsmanship...Maybe The Xlink Team can promote this in the next release of kai....May fix some of the attitudes out there.....

I know Team Xlink isn't gonna fight my battles, when it comes to these sort of things, but if they could try to make it known to fellow gamers that we are all here for a good time and that each players general conduct should be sportsmanship like and Curtious to our fellow gamers then things might get btr in the Kai arenas..Lets start by not using the F & C's in our games arena titles...

As for Racism and Sexual Harrasement, I'm not a fan of these either..But I am also not a fan of Personal attacks on each other. Lets looks at ourselves and try cut out the F n C's in the gaming areans, its just not nessesary..

Confused
XCondor
Team XLink Administrator
Team XLink Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 2:23 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Well, I think you've hit the nail on the head there - see, if someone is *being nasty* using this sort of language, then it becomes unacceptable - or course.

The reason why we dont ban for language in general though, is because lots of people (me included Very Happy) use this sort of language with my friends in rooms - just sorta trash talking. If we made the orbs drop people who use the F word, or C word or similar, it would get silly.

I have, however, decided to implement a switchable filter in the next evolution of xlink - whereby a user may choose to have all bad language ***'d out in the UI. Parent will also be able to lock this setting in using a password - so they can feel more comfortable allowing their children to use the service.

As for headsets, well, we cant do much there - just dont give your kid a headset Smile

XC
[FUNK]
Team XLink Administrator
Team XLink Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 2:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Lead by example is all I can say. If you want a better community or a cleaner one is should start with you. Make people aware that you want to start a revolution to make Kai a better place and then put it into action. We give as much freedom as possible but at some point we all have to be teachers and pupil.

Kai Regular
Kai Regular

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 3:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

TheDaddy @ Sat Aug 13, 2005 10:41 pm wrote:
Actually, bad language is not a problem - never has been... they're only words, after all..

Racism and sexual harassment type shit is not allowed - of course, but people giving their rooms names like that is not really frowned upon - we aren't babysitters..

TD
I agree totally Very Happy

Kai Spammer
Kai Spammer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 3:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I feel like a damn babysitter. Mad

Kai Regular
Kai Regular

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 8:20 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Kudos to the Filter XCondor, I think that is a good idea....Hopefully this and some other ideas with the next Xlink release will make things better. I know my mates and I are looking forward to playing some Black Arrow A'Hole free....

Xlink deserves btr than to be a playground for the filth and scum that we are putting up with at the moment...

Cheers
Enforcer
[R.I.P]MR-DUDLEY
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 9:39 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks for the feed-back guys/girls, there are some interesting points being made.
But some of you haven't read my post properly, I'm not complaining about verbal language I am pointing out that on room descriptions the written language being used can put some people off from entering that room and using KAI.
One member of kai turns his PC monitor off to avoid his child form reading the room description.
I like the "Language" filter that KAI provides but I'm sure encouraging its members to write room descriptions without e.g. "Motherfu**ing CUN*S" would benefit us all.
Do we as members want to encourage all ages to join KAI or do we have to give a "Parental Warning", Kai Admin (Kiss ass time) do a great job but we as members should help by making their job easier and a making KAI more attractive to new members.

Many Thanks.
TA_Havok
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 4:38 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hey Condor i see thats a pic of Carlito Fuente on your avatar.Just smoked an Opus X perfexion # 4.Damn fine cigar.LOL.

Nice move on the filter.Thanks. Very Happy

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic