FAQ  •  Search  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 [^S^ LUIS] kaiStation integration in HyperWRT firmware View next topic
View previous topic
PifGadget
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 5:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi Luis,

Do you think you could possibly integrate kaiStation in HyperWRT firmware the way it is now in the Linksys stock firmware ?
Differences between both are minimal, HyperWRT being just less buggy.

Changes made in HyperWRT are contained in this zip:
http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/hyperwrt/HyperWRT_2.0b3_G_SourceCode.zip?download

It would just take you a few minutes to integrate this modifications and build an HyperWRT kaiStation. HyperWRT is so more stable than Linksys stock.

Hope you'll grant myt request.

Thanks a lot

PifGadget
^S^
Team XLink Administrator
Team XLink Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 7:51 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Guess we could take a shot. Summon Prestige for that too, hes the firmware builder, I just provide mips binaries.

Lets wait and see what his opinion is...
prestige
Team XLink Administrator
Team XLink Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 8:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

PifGadget...

Coincidently enough, I was playing with the HyperWRT stuff yesterday. The fact that you feel it is more stable than linksys firmware is somewhat confusing because, like kaiStation, it is based on some very minor mods to the linksys firmware.

Right now, while I am waiting for a new kaid binary Smile I am experiementing with WDS options as this seems to be the one area where Sveasoft has the others beat. After that, I will look into writing some documentation on how I updated the linksys source and create the kaiStation binary. That way anyone who wants to "Roll their Own" can do so without having to stumble through it like I did.

-p
CrimsonRanma
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 10:34 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It would be nice if KaiStation could get integrated into Sveasoft's firmware. I've already posted a suggestion to that effect on Sveasoft's forums.

I know I've had some serious stability issues on the Kaistation binary as opposed to the Sveasoft one. For one, I have to turn my router off once a day and cold restart it as it stops responding with both Kaistation.
View user's profileSend private messageAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN MessengerICQ Number
PifGadget
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 11:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi Prestige,

Actually the Wireless link is more stable since it's possible to change transmission power directly from the UI, which is in my appt gives a better signal when increased a bit.

About creating my own binary, I don't have any Unix/Linux machine to compile the stuff, so we would all be grateful if you could do it for the whole commmunity.

About that new kaid binary, do you mean 7.0.5.4 version Wink ? It would be nice to be able to play Halo 2 flawlessly Smile

Last question: When do you plan to release any of the above ? Wink

Thanks again for your great job
prestige
Team XLink Administrator
Team XLink Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2004 4:37 am Reply with quoteBack to top

PifGadget wrote:
Hi Prestige,
Actually the Wireless link is more stable since it's possible to change transmission power directly from the UI, which is in my appt gives a better signal when increased a bit.

About creating my own binary, I don't have any Unix/Linux machine to compile the stuff, so we would all be grateful if you could do it for the whole commmunity.

About that new kaid binary, do you mean 7.0.5.4 version Wink ? It would be nice to be able to play Halo 2 flawlessly Smile

Last question: When do you plan to release any of the above ? Wink

Thanks again for your great job

I think the answer to all you questions is: soon. Once kaid is working flawlessly in kaiStation, I will be releasing a kaiStation Pro version that will include all of the features found in HyperWRT and possibly a few from Sveasoft as well.

-p
Z0DIAC
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 12:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hmm.. Why not using the HyperWRT ROM and adding the kaid stand alone demon to your WRT? I've tested this yesterday on my WRT, it works!

Okay, the stand alone demon is not too stable, but in my view this is the much better way to get kai on the WRT: Use the ROM the user likes the most and add the kaid stand alone demon discussed in this board..

I love the Alchemy 6 ROM and I love to have the opportunity to add kai functionality to it using the stand alone kai demon. I would realy like to see this demon beeing improved in terms of stability. Thanks for this very nice peace of software! (Who is doing this, btw?)

MechaBouncer
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 3:21 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

prestige wrote:

I think the answer to all you questions is: soon. Once kaid is working flawlessly in kaiStation, I will be releasing a kaiStation Pro version that will include all of the features found in HyperWRT and possibly a few from Sveasoft as well.

-p

Does that include the ability to enable or disable Afterburner / Speedbooster on the chip?

Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 10:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Z0DIAC wrote:
Hmm.. Why not using the HyperWRT ROM and adding the kaid stand alone demon to your WRT? I've tested this yesterday on my WRT, it works!

Okay, the stand alone demon is not too stable, but in my view this is the much better way to get kai on the WRT: Use the ROM the user likes the most and add the kaid stand alone demon discussed in this board...

Precisely, Z0DIAC, because the kaiStation fully integrated is more stable (kai speaking of course) and because it has an integrated GUI into the ROM's setup webpage which is cooler.
Z0DIAC
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 11:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Okay, right, it depends on the point of view, I guess. I need a stable and feature loaded router and see kai integration as a very nice to have add on. From that point of view, kaistation has a too low feature list (for me!), and I realy don't need a kai interface on the router, as my kai attributes never change...

But I understand your point of view, of course. We are in the very glad situation, that we can choose between both of this very great solutions. Smile

Sykobabble
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 5:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Any more news on whether or not there will be a kaistation with a signal boost option?

Thanks

Sykobabble

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic