FAQ  •  Search  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 Need help with a couple of things from this setup guide... View next topic
View previous topic
andyd
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 1:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

http://www.teamxlink.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5083&highlight=bootwait

I was following the above as it seems like the best option as it relies on XBMC's webserver to upload the files to the router. I do have some problems though...

1. When I enter the daemon script into the diagnostics page, it doesn't seem to do anything. Is there anyway I can check to see if the script is in the router? All I do here is place the code in the top box and then press save startup but I don't see anything in the lower box...

2. What do I after I telnet into the router to check for kaid files? I have no idea what command I need to use.
andyd
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 4:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I had tried making a post in the help forum but since this does not qualify as a "help request", I have to stick this subforum. Anyway, since I could not succesfully complete the above I went with WRT Kaid Commander.

After finally figuring out how to setup WRT Kaid Commander properly, I finally got XBMC to succesfully connect to Xlink. Everything seemed to be fine but the next day I woke up to find that XBMC would not connect to Xlink at all. At first I thought it needed reloading etc, but even though Commander seems to be doing something it really isn't make any bit of adifference. I also did the following...

1. Reload / Install Kaid using WRT Kai Commander.
2. Reset router
3. Checked config files
4. Made sure the program settings for Xlink in XBMC were correct (i.e. engine ip = 192.168.1.1 etc)

It seems to me that Commander is working. This is a screenshot of what I see when I do "top" after telnetting into the router...

I guess this means it's running properly, right? The posts that I've read through in this subforum really only mention what command I'm supposed to use when telnetting but neglect to say what I'm supposed to actually see to confirm status.

Does anyone know have an idea why this might be happening? If not, how about another method of using the xbox to upload the files to the router so that my pc doesn't need to be the middleman? I really don't care how it's done as long as it works.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Hoping to get this up and running before Chaos Theory is released (bro was banned from Xbox live and it's the only way we're going to be able to play this online Very Happy )

Info - WRT54G v 2 with Svaesoft pre7a
Latest XBMC [/img]

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic