FAQ  •  Search  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 takes an hour to connect to Kai - Why? View next topic
View previous topic
dave3lions
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 11:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Ok, I have a bt voyager wireless router connected to a bt 1060 laptop card. I have a Buffalo WLI-USB-KB11 USB WiFi Adapter set in adhoc mode which connects to my psp. My problem is that it takes about an hour for kai to recognise my psp.

Here are a couple of thing I have found:- Sat with kai running and ridge racer in host mode for half an hour. Network was unreachable so decided to look in the RR arenas. For some reason this seemed to kick kai into touch and after a few minutes I had a yes for network reachable. Another half hour later and kai had configured my psp.

Why does it take so long? I had'nt changed any settings in the meantime so if it works eventually, why not after just a few minutes?

Just to note, I have followed cp pheonix's guide, but the only thing I have trouble with is using "view available wireless networks" as windows states it cannot configure the wireless connection (even when I have an excellent connnection in my task bar - Speed: 2.0 Mbps - Signal Strength: excellent - Status: Connected

Does anybody have any tips as dont want to wait this long every night?

Thanks

PS. Still have'nt actually managed to play online yet but will let you know.

Ok, just played online. How cool is that!
[FUNK]
Team XLink Administrator
Team XLink Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 5:21 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Nice, glad you got a game going. The problem with your network reachable could be a lot of things, but not all related to XLink Kai itself. Its wireless, so it could be the PSP not talking to the router or access point for whatever reason. Or you could have auto detect and lock set in the Kai Config tool instead of your Network Interface Card. Again, since you can play I would not think it is a major problem, but you might want to look into the Config tool and see if a few changes are needed.

Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 10:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

SS - Funk, thanks for your advice, will look into it and report back here.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic