FAQ  •  Search  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 Windows Server 2012R2 + Xlink Kai possible? View next topic
View previous topic
medaltech
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 4:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I am having some issues with Xlink Starting on an unsupported platform, so yeah I know it's not supported, but it's my main OS, so it would be cool to make it work.. after all, it's remarkable similar to windows 8.1 once the desktop experience, .net, and all the other runtimes our world depends on are installed. Anyways, when I start up Xlink, I am getting a "looking for Kai Engine" forever. I have tried to manually startup KaiEngine, but it just opens and closes without any error/debug info. Also, I have already tried compatibility settings like (window xp/vist/7, run as administer) you get the point. My question is has anyone been able to get Xlink to work on Win 2012R2, and if not how can I generate log/debugging info for Xlink so I can just manually trace to the failure point? I know these forums are not too active, and it honestly does not help I am asking a question a small number of users actually use.. so yeah, I am here if you have infomation.. Even if it's year from now haha. Thank you for keeping Socom two alive, and I can't wait to see you on the battlefield (:
CrunchBite
Team XLink Developer
Team XLink Developer

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 7:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Running kai in under XP SP3 compatibility mode should be all you need

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic