FAQ  •  Search  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 Did something change in Kai in relation to Xbmc4Xbox UI? View next topic
View previous topic
Flickstiq
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 10:39 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm working on trying to create an Xlink Kai Addon for Xbmc4Xbox. I realize that support for this stopped a long time ago, but I'm trying to get something functional working. My motivation behind this is that I'm a big original Xbox gamer from that era. I miss some of those experiences that I used to have with my friends on Xbox Live.

Xlink Kai really helps to bridge that gap, but it's not quite the same (the easy integrated experience that it used to be with Xbox Live). So my goal is to create a modified Dash that returns the Xbox to it's gaming roots with Xlink Kai integration. So far Xbmc4Xbox seems to be the natural choice (if there is a better dash to be dealing with, feel free to say so).

I've created a basic custom skin with all of the media elements removed. I've installed the last build of Xbmc4Xbox that had Xlink support. Right now I'm running Xlink Kai 7.4.28, and I've configured it to run as just the engine.

I was able to successfully sign into Kai in the Xbmc Settings. The Engine pops up on my computer and lets me know that it successfully established a connection. When I go into the Xlink Kai Xbmc UI, I can see my Friend's list, and it is accurate. However, none of the other fields are working. I don't see any games or arenas, and its not showing chat. It seems like these elements are not getting any data from the engine on my PC.

Can anyone confirm whether the latest Kai 7.4.28 breaks these things in the old Xbmc4Xbox dash? Or can someone confirm that they're supposed to be working? Do I need to try an older build of Kai to get this functionality going?

If I can get it going, I plan on engineering it into my UI in a different more accessible way.

Thank you for any help that anyone can provide!
CrunchBite
Team XLink Developer
Team XLink Developer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 1:40 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hey there, I've done extensive work with kai's UDP based UI API and nothing has changed in years. Let me see if I can dig up some documentation or anything else helpful
CrunchBite
Team XLink Developer
Team XLink Developer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 2:11 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Sent you a PM with some download links
Flickstiq
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 3:18 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Thank you! That is very much appreciated. I'm going to dig in and see what I can get going.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic