FAQ  •  Search  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 SOCOM II SPEED JUMP CHEATING View next topic
View previous topic
GotHeeeem
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:36 am Reply with quoteBack to top

To whom it may concern,

I have recently joined xlink Kai to play Socom II. Unfortunately I have found a multiple of players cheating when playing the game. The cheating consists of some players being able to quickly move around the map at twice as fast speeds as normal players (Slide Jump Walls). This for obvious reasons poses an unfair advantage for non-cheating players. So far I have names, recorded pictures, as well as full scaled videos of players performing these actions. I would like penalty to be taken against all players that cheat. I am posting this on the forums so that players no that this "IS A SERIOUS MATTER" and cheating will not be tolerated or taken lightly. PLEASE PLAY THE GAME FAIR, thank you for your time.
zeppelin323
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Ok, let's get things straighten out. When Socom 2 came out in 2003, the game had a lot of bugs, Zipper fixed a lot of the problems or bugs by having the Socom 2 community DOWNLOAD a "PATCH" from the Socom 2 servers. The servers were recently turned off, so now we play here on Xlink KAI, Thanks Xlink by the way, you guys kick ass. Any way, One of the bugs that are in the Original game/disc "PREPATCH" is the "Wall Slide". You do not need codes or code breaker discs to do the wall slide, it is a bug when you are running and jump near a wall, its that simple. It is a pre patch bug in the game, the majority of the Socom 2 community DELETED their PATCH when setting up new network settings on their playstation 2. There are some tutorials on the web that specifically tell people to delete all Socom 2 data from their memory cards. when doing so, you are DELETING the patch, which fixed bugs in the game. The majority players do the wall slide, some do not, its simply up to them if they do it or not. The only way to FIX the Wall Slide bug is by DOWNLOADING the PATCH!!! The only way to successfully DOWNLOAD the PATCH was from the Socom 2 servers. Obviously the servers for Socom 2 do not exist anymore. If there is a way GOTHEEEM or XlinkKai or anyone out there that can figure out a way to download the PATCH again, please do so, it will eliminate the Wall Slide bug that is in the pre patch version of Socom 2. If anyone wants to play without the Wall Slide bug, then make a PATCHED room and that will solve the problem. But like i said the majority of the Socom 2 community DELETED the patch so we play without it. Also, PATCH players and NON PATCH players can not play in the same room, it will boot players out of the room, so that is literally impossible to do. Hopefully a XlinkKai Admin can post here and tell us what they think. This GOTHEEEM guy is threatening players to stop doing the Wall Slide or he will have XlinkKai Admins ban us from playing. I have read the user agreement, and know that it is not a HACK or a CHEAT of any type beacuse it is in the Original Socom 2 disc. It is simply a bug in the game. If GOTHEEEEM does not want to play with us then please make your own PATCH game. Do not come in the room and tell people what to do. We have been here literally since day 1 after the Socom 2 servers got shut off. And this is the first time i have seen a post about the PREPATCH game play. We can easily just make a private arena and ban you from it, but we do not want to resort to that, and yes we can make private arenas and not let you play GOTHEEEEM, XlinkKai put that feature on here. So please if there is a Admin that can reply to this post and give us you thoughts about this pre patch bug, please do so. I remember Hawk_The_Slayer played with us a couple of times, you guys can come and Play Socom2 with us and see how dumb and easy it is to do the Wall Slide bug. Thanks XlinkKai for keeping the Socom 2 community alive. Also, it does not make you run 2x as fast. This guy is over exaggerating!
Hawk_The_Slayer
Team XLink Administrator
Team XLink Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:59 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

OK so a few questions:

Is the patch still available?

If so, is anyone using it at the moment with Kai? - Can it be used with Kai?

If so, would it help if I posted a link to it in the Socom arenas to encourage users to download it and use it?

Would this stop the problems?

Any further information you can provide would be useful as it appears to be a game bug that users can exploit accidentally or on purpose..

Cheers.

Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Reply to Hawk_The_Slayer's questions.

Is the patch still available?

The patch only exists if you did not delete your Socom 2 data from your memory card after the servers for Socom 2 got shut off. The only way that was successfully available to download the patch for Socom 2 was from the original servers. They would not let you play without downloading the patch. Technically it does exist, but only to the players that did not delete it from their memory card. The patch only works on the console that downloaded it, even if you make a copy of the patch and try to use it on another PS2, the 2nd console will not recognize the patch. It has to match the console ID that downloaded it, i may be wrong, but i personally made a copy and tried to use it on another PS2 and did not work.

If so, is anyone using it at the moment with Kai? - Can it be used with Kai?

At the moment nobody is using the patch, only because the majority of the players do not have it anymore. Since the servers got shut off, i think we played with it about 3 times total. The patch can be used with Kai, the PS2 loads the patch into the game if you have it on your memory card.

If so, would it help if I posted a link to it in the Socom arenas to encourage users to download it and use it?

If you guys can figure out a way for us to download the patch and make it work, that would be greatly appreciated and will solve the bugs that are in the game. I heard by some players that it can be found somewhere online.
One of the biggest problems we have is getting booted by new players that join the game with the patch. Non Patched players and Patched players can not play together, if there is a Non Patch game up and a Patched player tries to join, it will start kicking players out of the game/room. Eventually it will boot the room entirely if they try joining multiple times with the patch. I think it would help if it notified players about the patch on the arena info. If they can ask if we are playing with or without the patch. Like i said, we almost never play with the patch. The regulars know not to join the game with the patch on.

Would this stop the problems?

The only way to stop the problems/bugs in the game would be for someone to figure out a way for everyone to download the patch and install it in the memory card successfully, and having the PS2 recognize the patch. When you boot up Socom 2 with the patch on, the date on the main menu will say November 2004, when you boot up Socom 2 without the patch, the date on the main menu will say October 2003. If you have the patch on the memory card and do not have a second memory card, there is a way to bypass the patch. You boot up the PS2 with the memory card out of the PS2, when you get to the main menu, put the memory card back in and it will bypass loading the patch, you can still load your settings. If you hit the LAN button on Socom 2 and get a error, it's usually A CABLE IS DISCONNECTED error, it will take you back to the main menu and load the patch on. You will have to start the process from the beginning. Sorry for long posts, but i am trying to be detailed as possible. If you guys have any further questions, or figure out a way to download the PATCH please let us know, that would be much appreciated, thanks for your time, and appreciate your response.
giggyprince
Team XLink Moderator
Team XLink Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I dont know if this is of any use but heres something--> http://updates.pdonline.scea.com/_so...h/APACHE00.ZDB
Hawk_The_Slayer
Team XLink Administrator
Team XLink Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 3:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

OK, cheers for that zeppelin323 and giggyprince.

If the regulars could try that link giggy posted and report your findings, that would be helpful..

Otherwise zeppelin323, if you want to write the info text for the arena (about patched and non patched data) I can copy and paste it to the arena if you think it might help new players/reduce queries and problems?

Let us know,

Cheers.

Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 9:13 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The bottom line is that not all people can get the patch, that is why we play un-patched...

People that pick up the game for the first time or don't have the patch cannot get it like CA.

It really doesn't bother me often I shoot people in mid air coming off the jump wall.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic