FAQ  •  Search  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 How to install Xlink Kai 7.4.25 on Windows XP(For beginners) View next topic
View previous topic
Orbit03
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:56 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hey, I installed the newest version of Xlink, which is 7.4.25 on two units, one old and one just reformatted(meaning I lost all data)

And results were different, the reformatted unit won't work; in the same concept, this would be the same as someone installing kai for the first time.

If you had version 7.4.24 before installing 7.4.25 you should have no problems, but if you don't, well, Xlink is buggy(Can't run WebUI with the "The parameter is incorrect" error).

But here's how you deal with it:

1Smile Since you installed the latest one(7.4.25) for the first time, uninstall it, including the application data(Which is found in C:/Documents and Settings/"Your PC's name"/Application Data).

2Smile Next is, install the previous client(7.4.24), otherwise Xlink won't work.

3Smile Next, install the latest client(7.4.25), so that you can now go online via the WebUI

--If you run the client and the UI, then a message will appear on your browser "Please wait, updating(something like that)", then you can wait for the UI finish updating.--

---If the engine keeps crashing while updating, there's no choice but to copy a working WebUI rar file(found in the Application Data) from a working client(236 kb approx.) so you can use it---

Edit: Feel free to move/delete if something's wrong, and comment/reply if you have time.

Thanks and have a good day.
MeanMF
Team XLink Administrator
Team XLink Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Can you give more details on the error you're getting when you install .25 directly?
Wuzizname
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:30 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Windows xp. New version engine launches, after I launch the webUI is says "updating" and then promptly crashes.

I can launch the standalone UI, log in, see the arenas... but after a minute or so it crashes.

No error message given, just Windows Crash popup with option to send an error report.

I've done clean uninstall (geekinstaller), CCleaner. Installed .24 and then reinstalled .25 over it as described in OPs guide. No love!

Any suggestions or are there still bugs being squashed?

Thanks!

W?
prestige
Team XLink Administrator
Team XLink Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Download the webui.zip file and copy it to your XLink Kai data folder (ie: C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\XLink Kai).

Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

prestige wrote:
Download the webui.zip file and copy it to your XLink Kai data folder (ie: C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\XLink Kai).

Thanks prestige!
Orbit03
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

MeanMF wrote:
Can you give more details on the error you're getting when you install .25 directly?

Two pop ups appear

The first one appears like this:

"WebUI Url"

The parameter is incorrect.

Then the second pop up appears, includes the WebUI Url and The Parameter is incorrect, but there are more words on it, I forgot it though.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic