FAQ  •  Search  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 Use of PC based dedicated LAN servers View next topic
View previous topic
PyroJockey
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:23 am Reply with quoteBack to top

We host several Star Wars Battlefront II (SWBFII) servers for the PS2 version of the game. Currently there is still server support from Lucas Arts and GameSpy, but we in the SWBFII community know it is only a matter of time until this will be discontinued, just as it was for the original Star Wars Battlefront (SWBF) in November 2010.

http://forums.lucasarts.com/ann.jspa?annID=3

In anticipation of this we are researching alternative means of hosting our servers such as using XLink Kai.

We are using the PC based dedicated server software provided by Lucas Arts. This runs on a PC but is for hosting the PS2 version of the game. The dedicated server software is primarily intended to host games over the inernet via GameSpy, but it does have a LAN option and I have used this extensively on my LAN with multiple PS2 consoles.

The problem I have is that when I run XLink Kai it does not find the dedicated server even though it is operating in the LAN mode.

Does anyone have any experience using PC based dedicated servers to host PS2 LAN games via XLink Kai?

If we are successful we also hope to host a server for the original SWBF as well.

Note: the main advantage of the dedicated server over the console is the maximum number of players. The PS2 console is limited to 4 whereas the maximum for a dedicated server is 24.
[tHc]hicaow
Team XLink Administrator
Team XLink Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 3:57 am Reply with quoteBack to top

since the mac addy of the PC would not match a PS2, kai won't find it is my guess .. i believe part of mac address would have to be added.

sounds cool tho , i played that game alot.

find more people to play PS2 and GC on kai at www.onlineconsoles.com ... www.ps2onlinegaming.com
PyroJockey
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

[tHc]hicaow wrote:
since the mac addy of the PC would not match a PS2, kai won't find it is my guess .. i believe part of mac address would have to be added.

Thank you for the reply.

I have looked through some of the tutorials posted on line and I am still at a loss as to where to add the MAC address of my PC. I am running XLink Kai version 7.4.22 on a Windows 7 64 bit machine using Firefox 8.0 as my browser. What am I missing?

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic