FAQ  •  Search  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 Trying to connect my PSP via wireless. View next topic
View previous topic
NZebT
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 2:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Good day guys, first of all i just recently found out about xlink and this thing is amazing just by looking at other people's videos on youtube let alone when i finally manage to get it running properly,lol.

I have a router connected to a cable modem. This router of course provides internet all over my house.
(i hope i made this bit clear or if so ask for more as i will try to explain alittle better)

So i downloaded xlink to my computer (windows XP SP3) and it is working fine, i think.

So ye i manage to run the program, and connect my PSP and connection show as reach-able.

Also my psp is Gen D3 - Prom v4, as ive read M33 wont work, i manage to upgarde my console just for this particular program.

But now is when the thing wont run as smooth.

So by i hope that it is clear that i have a laptop(the one that has the xlink installed) connected to internet via router, the same router i have the PSP connected.(Here i dont know if i must have an adapter like wifi-max, or i can just connect them both to the router straight..)

But firstly, i have no clue how to set up the Kai configure setup, im just using the default features.

And then when i manage to run the program, and try to test my connection, as i said above it seems reach-able, my psp connects, shows the mac-adress and all.

But one thing that never appear is the SSID, i havent managed yet to make it appear on the menu.

Well all in all, i havent suceded in playing anygame online, as hard as ive been trying i cannot find any solid toturial like "for dummies" to get this running...

Or it may be that my network card has no promiscous mode? i have no clue...
This is it

Intel(R) PRO/Wirless 5945ABG Network Connection

For now is all, really hope you guys could help me out please.

If you need any more additional details feel free to ask.

Thanks in advance
Critt
Kai Spammer
Kai Spammer

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 4:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

That's not how you connect your PSP to XLink Kai. Since you have GEN D3/Prometheus, you can connect your PSP via a USB-cable: http://www.teamxlink.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=39541

Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 7:21 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Ye today, as ive been reading more stuff ive realised i was doing the wrong thing.

Now, im gona buy a Planex adapter compatible with xlink kai.

Everything from that point on, should work?

or will i run into more problems as, i read that the intel netword card doesnt have promiscuous mode or something called that.

Or as long as i have an external wireless adapter like the example of a planex compatible one, i should be fine?
zaak
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:53 am Reply with quoteBack to top

If you're on 5.xx (and since yesterday 6.xx), you should try the AdHocToUSB method, it's way less complicated than setting up an adapter. Buying adapters just to realize they don't work isn't very cool
Annhell
Kai Regular
Kai Regular

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

dont try to advertise AdHocToUSB as you cant play games that swap ssid with it

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic