FAQ  •  Search  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 Possible Additions to PS3 Arena?? View next topic
View previous topic
Gforce
Kai Regular
Kai Regular

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:04 am Reply with quoteBack to top

http://www.co-optimus.com/system.php?page=0&id=2&reverse=

I notice that the PS3 area hasn't had any new additions in awhile in terms of LAN capable games so I looked around the web and happened upon this site's list. There's some incorrect data for games like RE5, but I figure this site's info could still give anyone with the time an easier way of testing what actually does have LAN and what doesn't instead of blindly examining every 2 player+ PS3 game out there.

For example, the site listed Borderlands as having LAN. So from that, I searched around the web and found from various indirect postings that it actually in fact does have it for PS3.
Nothin2
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 1:16 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

ya i think its harder to put games for the PS3 because there are tons that have lan/system link
Narolf
Kai Spammer
Kai Spammer

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 1:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Nothin2 wrote:
ya i think its harder to put games for the PS3 because there are tons that have lan/system link

PS3 arenas are few mainly because the online service provided by the Playstation Network is way enough hence the little PS3 community on Kai.
-Ricochet-
PSP Guru
PSP Guru

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 5:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

People will start showing up to xlink kai when sony starts charging for there service.
lazyhobobum
Kai Enthusiast
Kai Enthusiast

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 9:35 am Reply with quoteBack to top

From what I have heard only special features will be charged for on psn and online play will remain free.

Once games start getting their servers taken down like ps2 games though people like myself will start playing on xlink.

I can confirm that haze has lan since I saw it in the game menu when I owned the game for a week. It was terrible so I sold it.

www.youtube.com/user/Lazyhoboguy

A List of All My Xlink Games: http://lazyhoboguy.webs.com/My%20Online%20Video%20Games.htm
Gforce
Kai Regular
Kai Regular

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 7:30 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

lazyhobobum wrote:

Once games start getting their servers taken down like ps2 games though people like myself will start playing on xlink.

Exactly. I'm not worried about having to pay to play online, but what to do after the eventual shutdown of servers is always on my mind.

If a game that has LAN goes offline, users will immediately know and adjust their buying decisions accordingly. They won't be in the dark if they simply see the arenas for the game on Xlink.
mcnichoj
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

There's only four game servers I know of that have been closed.

-Haze
-Tom Clancy's Endwar
-NBA 09
-FIFA 09

Do any of these support LAN? If so then I imagine they should get added to the list, maybe even get a little star put next to them or something so people know that the only way to play them is threw LAN. Y'know, to raise awareness.
lazyhobobum
Kai Enthusiast
Kai Enthusiast

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I have heard nothing of Haze's servers being closed. That game does have LAN though I saw it myself in the game menu.

www.youtube.com/user/Lazyhoboguy

A List of All My Xlink Games: http://lazyhoboguy.webs.com/My%20Online%20Video%20Games.htm
maninashed
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:25 am Reply with quoteBack to top

You may see a few more people in the PS3 arenas now that Sony are forcing people to upgrade to firmware 3.21, you know the upgrade that actually removes features, LMAO.

I found XLink Kai today, searching for ways to bypass the firmware upgrade. We did have a proxy server workaround but they took that away a couple of days ago.

edit: Basically if you don't upgrade you cannot connect to PSN, if you do upgrade you lose the Other OS feature.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic