FAQ  •  Search  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 FarCry: Predator View next topic
View previous topic
XCTtyler
Kai Lover
Kai Lover

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 10:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

FarCry: Predator is released on the 28th - has anybody played it? Anybody have a review?

MeanMF
Team XLink Administrator
Team XLink Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 1:11 am Reply with quoteBack to top

XCTtyler wrote:
FarCry: Predator is released on the 28th - has anybody played it? Anybody have a review?

Ya, it's the Xbox Far Cry with upgraded sound & graphics, plus an expansion pack. They added some new stuff in single player like a couple of new feral powers and new weapons like a blowgun and molotov cocktail. You can also rip the mounted guns off their stands and carry them around now (single player only Sad ). Multiplayer has a new "seek & secure" mode which is kind of like Hamburger Hill in GR where both teams are trying to capture and hold a base. Predator mode adds a second thing for the predators to defend - a radio that allows the mercs to respawn if they activate it. The map editor is probably the biggest upgrade.. You can do tunnels and zip lines now.. They added a forest template and an oil refinery tile set.

It's certainly not the best looking game on 360 - the graphics are nowhere near as polished as GRAW or COD2 - but it's a lot of fun.. I haven't checked yet, but I'm sure it has a system link ping limit like the rest of the games.
dy-namo
Kai Lover
Kai Lover

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 10:38 am Reply with quoteBack to top

not worth buying i guess... Confused

Kai Regular
Kai Regular

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 6:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Ive only had a quick go at this so far, but first impressions are that the enemy take way to many shots to kill them. In one scene when in a car chase, I accidently went straight on instead of turning which ended up with me tumbling down a hill and having to start the level again due to no way back to the road, but oh well all in all its good fun, it has a massive arcade feel to it though, and the aiming controls are a little too jerky.

http://www.frozenmemory.co.uk/
MeanMF
Team XLink Administrator
Team XLink Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 7:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Paintwister wrote:
Ive only had a quick go at this so far, but first impressions are that the enemy take way to many shots to kill them.

Not if you shoot them in the head.. Wink

Overall I think if you're looking for a run & gun style shooter, you could do a lot worse. The map editor means that there are endless possibilities for replay. I prefer it over Halo 2. But if you already have the Xbox version, I don't know that this is worth the extra $$$ just for the few new features.
Paintwister
Kai Regular
Kai Regular

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 8:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

MeanMF wrote:

Not if you shoot them in the head.. Wink

lol yea, just figured that out, just been messing about with the map editor as well, its not bad, well it made 2 hours just fly by anyway and still didnt come up with anything interesting . lots of beaches and palm trees hehe.

good fun getting a hill as high as possible, making a little ramp at the bottom, line up some transport trucks and starting with a jeep at the top, see how many you can clear .... not the most producdtive method of using the map editor but damn good fun lol

http://www.frozenmemory.co.uk/

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic