FAQ  •  Search  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 (TeamXbox)PlayStation Network: An Xbox Live Killer? View next topic
View previous topic
redwolf
Team XLink Moderator
Team XLink Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 4:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

TeamXbox.com wrote:
Despite the success of Microsoft over its competitors, things won’t change dramatically in the next-generation, which already started with the launch of the Xbox 360. Plus, the one big advantage that Microsoft had over Sony, being first to market, was lost due to the Xbox 360 suffering production shortages.

After E3, the ground will shatter as the PlayStation 3 launch date is unveiled. No one, not even Microsoft, will be able to stop the PlayStation 3 launch and you can bet it will be successful. Sony will sell, not matter the price, PS3s like hot cakes

TeamXbox.com wrote:
Xbox fanboys, stop reading now, because we don’t have good news.
Laughing

http://editorials.teamxbox.com/xbox/1481/PlayStation-Network-An-Xbox-Live-Killer/p1/

Kai Lover
Kai Lover

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 5:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

woah interesting.. cant wait for this year's E3!

Team XLink Administrator
Team XLink Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 5:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Just keep in mind that Sony is the company that thought it would be a good idea to install a rootkit on your PC when you try to play one of their audio CD's.
-wiggy_diggy_poo-
Kai Regular
Kai Regular

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 8:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hey I'm a gamer and a consumer first, a fanboy 2nd, misguided loyalty to either brand by myself and others will not help MS or Sony win the consumer battle. What will is what they can offer to me that the other does not.

I think brand loyalty for consoles these days is outdated, certainly it existed in the past (N64 vs PS1, Mega Drive vs Snes, etc). But as the article says "This is a battle for the living room and ultimately, digital entertainment. Gaming is just one of the many things that are at stake."

Its not just about games any more, and ultimately competition creates better products for us.

Ps Did you spot the Nintendo reference in there.....

The work, which itself shall become a new genre, will be called Cowboy Bebop.
crazyGibbon
Kai Regular
Kai Regular

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 10:23 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I personally think that the sales will most likely be guided by how much the things cost; how much the games cost; and how easy they are to mod Smile

Most people I know with an X-Box have a PS2 as well...

Team XLink Moderator
Team XLink Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 12:12 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I think there are a number of factors that are involved that wherent even mentioned. Such as the point that PS3 is may cost as much as $500 AND that Sony will be slowed up quite a bit by production. Whether you like MS or not, the fact does remain they are an extremely powerful company and it was not dumb luck that got their OS into 90% of the worlds computers. My thoughts are still quite skeptical about Sony's online stuff because even still they havent talked about it much. Are they all of a sudden going to announce a shitload of stuff and have the system out by the end of the year?

I am not particularly loyal to either company, but I do remember the hype surrounding PS2 and the following realization that they never fully delivered, it's feeling strangely familiar once again.

-wiggy_diggy_poo-
Kai Regular
Kai Regular

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 1:41 am Reply with quoteBack to top

[MF]AmO wrote:

I am not particularly loyal to either company, but I do remember the hype surrounding PS2 and the following realization that they never fully delivered, it's feeling strangely familiar once again.

Yes I tend to take any 'announcement of capabilities' by hardware manufacturers with a pinch of salt and wait until release. Do you remember the Dreamcast (uk only?) tv adverts "Upto 6billion players". Nice adverts though....

I found a wicked site for anyone interested in video game commercials:

http://gameads.gamepressure.com/tv_games_commercials.asp

The work, which itself shall become a new genre, will be called Cowboy Bebop.
MacX_Carnage
Kai Regular
Kai Regular

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 6:26 am Reply with quoteBack to top

redwolf wrote:
TeamXbox.com wrote:
Despite the success of Microsoft over its competitors, things won’t change dramatically in the next-generation, which already started with the launch of the Xbox 360. Plus, the one big advantage that Microsoft had over Sony, being first to market, was lost due to the Xbox 360 suffering production shortages.

After E3, the ground will shatter as the PlayStation 3 launch date is unveiled. No one, not even Microsoft, will be able to stop the PlayStation 3 launch and you can bet it will be successful. Sony will sell, not matter the price, PS3s like hot cakes

TeamXbox.com wrote:
Xbox fanboys, stop reading now, because we don’t have good news.
Laughing

http://editorials.teamxbox.com/xbox/1481/PlayStation-Network-An-Xbox-Live-Killer/p1/

My personal opinnion is that Sony underestimates its competitors..Looks at TV and sound system sales..Sony has a big chunk of the pie, but that piece of pie is strinking with so much new tech out there made by so called second rate competitors...

PS3 will probably be a really cool console with more power than most PC in the average joes study... But I think they need to become an online force b4 people will seriously consider the PS3...

I remember when Xbox was announced and Xbox live was being implemented, its was all new back then and no one was prepared for the impact online gaming was going to create on todays gaming...It took M$oft well over 2-3 years to get that whole Xbox Live system fully happening, and now its in full swing with new games all pretty much supportting Xbox live or System Link....

I know as a gamer i used to play games because i enjoyed grafix and sound and gameplay, now that the standards are in place and all those things are pretty much in every game, the thing I look at mostly now is if the game can be played online...I rarely play games with no Mp or Xbox Live..

So if Sony is gonna have a chance at winning over the millions I think they need a huge online prescene, and Im not talking about numbers, I'm talking about the service itself...

The other thing I think is really important is the Media they use in their consoles...HD DVD will be supported via a Additional USB player with Xbox 360, PS3 will have bluray...I have a feeling the world isn't ready for Bluray yet(Just BEta Video)....they are ready for HD DVD but not Bluray...I don't want sony owning my living room..I want the best gaming and Home theatre experience...but I am an individual and I choose freedom not to be locked in to the sony mentality....

Anyways..I'll probably look at this post in a years time and think..what drugs was i taking....

Cheers
En4ser Cool

Kai Regular
Kai Regular

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 5:05 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Yes, yes. Even if the PS3 dominates in next gen console sales, M$ will still dominate in online play.

I still think PS3 will be better then (Graphics and such) XBOX 360 but not better as in what consumers want. (Online Play, Cost.)

redwolf
Team XLink Moderator
Team XLink Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 2:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

[SH]TwoOne wrote:
I still think PS3 will be better then (Graphics and such) XBOX 360 but not better as in what consumers want. (Online Play, Cost.)
you'll be surprised how many people don't care about online play. there is something like 1:1000 (maybe more) xbox owner never played online and don't really care. those are the "general" consumers, people who don't hang around online forums or browsing the net all day long, even at work. and those are the people Sony are trying to attract.

somewhere in the article it says something about taking the living room etc.
how many of us uses the game console to listen to music as the main music player in the house. or even as a main DVD player? now, what sony wanna do is give us bit of everything and hopefully not restrict some feature like Microsoft did.

LIVE is not THAT hard to make (or copy), well specially LIVE is nothing then a routing gateway. and all other feature, such as gamescore, friendlist, leaderboard ete., Sony can just relay on the game developers.

Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 4:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

In my opinion this just says it all:

Quote:
“Beating us for a short moment is like accidentally winning a point from a Karate master, and Microsoft is still not black belt”.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic